Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Holy crap, I'm a raging idiot. Twice in the same thread. Sorry y'all...I apparently just completely forgot how to internet.....Twice ....... X____X

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wheels: Stock
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sports in stock Size until my RS3's get in
Pressures: First event with PSS coming up
Sway Bar: Rear Steeda (swapping to a Stranos soon)
Sway Bar End Links: Stock
Shocks/Struts: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Brake Pads: Stock
Brake Rotor: Stock
Brake Fluid: Motul RBF660
Oil: Pennzoil Ultra/Motocraft Blend
Other: Green Filter
Alignment: -1.1 camber in front/-1.5 rear, 1/8th Toe out in the rear/zero front
how are the PSS's holding up in your events?

·
Registered
950 Posts
how are the PSS's holding up in your events?
last 2 events have been in heavy rain. They are THE tire for those situations, but i would like to see how they do in dry conditions. Mountain road drives tell me there is more grip, but the limit is a sharp drop off instead of a progressive limit like the F1's.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
last 2 events have been in heavy rain. They are THE tire for those situations, but i would like to see how they do in dry conditions. Mountain road drives tell me there is more grip, but the limit is a sharp drop off instead of a progressive limit like the F1's.
good to hear about the rain performance (a must know in the PNW)! Keep me posted about the dry performance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up my 2015 Oxford White ST yesterday (May 29th). Not enough miles to run in tomorrow's San Diego AutoX. But I will be checking and using this thread to set up the car for next years San Diego Championship season. Had to give up a Mini Cooper S because it just wasn't competitive in DS against WRX's.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Wheels: Stock Tires: Stock Pressures:41f/41r Sway Bar: Steeda rear bar End Links: Stock Shocks/Struts: Stock 2014 Exhaust: stock Break Pads: Stock Break Fluid: Stock Oil: Mobil 1 syn. Other: Fr tune/steeda ic/buschur dp/back seats out Pads and fluid are next along with the sway bar. Class: street modified

·
Registered
431 Posts
YR/Model: 2015 ST1
Wheels: Stock, 18" Rado
Tires: Stock, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 235/40R18 @ 3000 Miles
Pressures: 40F 37R
Sway Bar: Stock
Brake Fluid: Stock
Oil: OE Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Blend
Air Filter: Green Filter
Alignment: Stock

Going to my first ever SCCA Solo event this weekend.

·
Registered
322 Posts
YR/Model: 2014 ST2
Wheels: Drag DR 34 18x8
Tires: Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40/18
Pressures: Trying to figure it out
Sway Bar: ST Suspension adjustable in stiff setting
Oil: OE Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Blend
Air Filter: Stock Filter*

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wheels: MODA MD 18
Tires: Hankook 225x45x17 R-S3 (came off my Mini, using them up)
Pressures:F-40, R-35
Sway Bar: Rear Stock (Gotta call Strano)
Shocks/Struts: Stock 2015
Break Pads: Stock
Break Fluid: TBD
Oil: TBD
Other: K&N Air Filter

Car has 2K miles on it. Entered 2 events, 2nd place both times.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wheels: TSW Nurburgrings *Not GS legal but local Region is cool about minor things*
Tires: Bridgestone RE71R 245/40/18
Pressures (hot): 41 F, 37-38 R
Rear Swaybar: Steeda
Rear Endlinks: Steeda Adj
Shocks: Stock
Exhaust: Buschur Racing Catback
Brake Fluid: Motul 600
Oil: RedLine 5W30
Filter: Cobb

Everything is working great so far- Have to play with pressures a little more, and dial in my driving style. The Steeda rear bar allows the rear to lift nicely in the corners and get rotation. I am wanting to get Konis for the rear and try to tune it in a bit more at some point but who knows when. Also Braking is great for stock, but could use a little more bite and temp resistance so I'll be doing a full flush and some pads at some point. Couldn't be happier with this car. 1st place in class first event, 3rd place in the second event- looking forward to more.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Tires: Michelin Pilot Supersports (yeah, make your rude comments, I already know what you are going say)
Pressures (hot): 42 to 45 F, 33 to 36 R depending on course and surface
Rear Swaybar: Cobb (soft)
Rear Endlinks: Stock
Shocks: Stock
Oil: Recommended 5W30
Filter: K&N

I'm going to take a lot of crap for the tires. Yes, I know that I'm giving up a ton of time, but I've been 1.) dragging my feet lately about getting a 17" setup and 2.) I had to relearn how to drive because these 200 TW tires keep masking all my mistakes. I'm not doing bad time wise but they keep me honest and have put up with a ton of abuse in the 3 events they have been in with going to the Michelin testing facility next month (our largest course by a long shot) with a possible co-driver will give me an idea of just how well I am doing with getting back onboard with my relearning progress. I'm competitive on them so there isn't a huge loss on my part.

·
Registered
264 Posts
YR/Model: 2014 ST3
Tires: Goodyear F1 Assymetric
Pressures: 40F 36R
Oil: Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W-30
Air filter: Stock

Will update as I change things around a little

·
Registered
740 Posts
YR/Model: 2015 ST3
Tires: Nitto NT05 245/40/18
Pressures: 40F 36R
Oil: Ford Motorcraft 5w30 semi synthetic
Air filter: Cobb

I'm very impressed with how well these cars handle right out of the box from the factory.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've only run one event so far.

Wheels: Axis Sport XM
Tires: Stock F1s
Pressures: 39 Front 37 Rear
Shocks/Struts: Stock 2014
Break Pads: Stock
Break Fluid: Stock
Oil: Stock
Other: Steeda CAI

Took 2nd in my class, 1.9 off first to another Focus ST who had better tires and rear sway bar.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Learning how to go fast on tires that aren't as sticky is a good thing.

BTW - you know they are 300TW, right? A 200 is something like a Direzza or RS-3.
I know that. It's like I said, I've been dragging my feet on going to a 17 inch setup. A few people have said I look more stable and have more confidence than I did last year on these than the RE-11A's I had, plus one guy that I use as my reference point who is just blistering fast my time gap to him is dropping. This last event was humbling. This route was a very very researched one for a specific reason and its paying off, and I'm having a blast with them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I keep meaning to post in this thread, and not thinking about it until I'm on a tablet, and that's too much work. :) I've bolded the stuff that stands out as a little different.

YR/Model: 2013 ST1, Tuxedo Black, build date of February '13.
Wheels: 17x8 OZ Moda MD-10s in uninteresting, dark gray.
Tires: Bridgestone RE-71R 245/45-17
Pressures: 38-40F 50R
Sway Bar: Rear Stranoparts triple adjustable at full stiff
Sway Bar End Links: Steeda adjustable
Shocks/Struts: custom valved Bilstein B6s with a bunch of low speed force in them
Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 5W30 + Fram Ultra Super Duper filter
Air filter: Stock Motorcraft
Alignment: 0 toe front and rear. I don't remember the camber, because we're pretty much stuck with whatever it is. It was in the low 1.x range front, and the rear I paid no attention to. :lol:

The 245-45-17 tires are not ideal and were picked when 255-40-17s were impossible to find. I needed something for Blytheville, and needed them fast, so it was these or 245-40-17. I figured this car hardly needs any acceleration help from a short tire, so I got the taller one. I drive to and from events on them.

I've done 7 events in the car, with last weekend being 6 and 7. I finally had a good weekend in it, finishing 10th overall in the PAX standings both days. It was at that event that I took rear pressures up to 50. I'm going to Nationals this year, first time since 2010. Can't wait.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I keep meaning to post in this thread, and not thinking about it until I'm on a tablet, and that's too much work. :) I've bolded the stuff that stands out as a little different. YR/Model: 2013 ST1, Tuxedo Black, build date of February '13. Wheels: 17x8 OZ Moda MD-10s in uninteresting, dark gray. Tires: Bridgestone RE-71R 245/45-17 Pressures: 38-40F 50R Sway Bar: Rear Stranoparts triple adjustable at full stiff Sway Bar End Links: Steeda adjustable Shocks/Struts: custom valved Bilstein B6s with a bunch of low speed force in them Exhaust: Stock Brake Pads: Stock Brake Fluid: Stock Oil: Amsoil Signature Series 5W30 + Fram Ultra Super Duper filter Air filter: Stock Motorcraft Alignment: 0 toe front and rear. I don't remember the camber, because we're pretty much stuck with whatever it is. It was in the low 1.x range front, and the rear I paid no attention to. :lol: The 245-45-17 tires are not ideal and were picked when 255-40-17s were impossible to find. I needed something for Blytheville, and needed them fast, so it was these or 245-40-17. I figured this car hardly needs any acceleration help from a short tire, so I got the taller one. I drive to and from events on them. I've done 7 events in the car, with last weekend being 6 and 7. I finally had a good weekend in it, finishing 10th overall in the PAX standings both days. It was at that event that I took rear pressures up to 50. I'm going to Nationals this year, first time since 2010. Can't wait.
Stock springs? Also what do you think of the b6's? And why those vs the b8's?

21 - 40 of 130 Posts