Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we are waiting for the ST to release, what is your current vehicle? I currently have a 2012 twin-turbo (ecoboost) F150.

Here's a pic:

dascrow-ecoboostf150.jpg

No mods except for 33" BFG Tires. I'm planning on doing intake/exhaust/tuner over the next couple of months though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently drive a 2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed, Looking to upgrade soon, I have been reading all of the hype about the ST and am getting exited about it. My decision will probably come down to the ST or a WRX depending on how the test drives go

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum bricci.

I've been considering the same vehicle. For me it has come down to the Veloster Turbo, Focus ST or Subaru WRX. I like the gas milage better in the VT and Focus ST, however the AWD in the WRX is a nice feature. The backseat space in the VelosterTurbo has been one of the things holding me back from purchasing it. I've been real impressed with the quality of the F150 and that really got me thinking about the ST within the last month or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Current: 1999 F-250 SD P.O.S. 250k bought new, work truck. 05 Honda CRV EX 5-speed bought new, 180k daily driver. 08 SAAB 9-3 Aero 6speed, 52k wife's car, kinda. 08 H-D 1200N, 7k ratted out. Past: 79 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham modded 350, high school car I wish I still had. 86 GMC Jimmy 6.2L diesel 4x4, the full sized truck with removable fiberglass top, wish I had today. 1992 GMC Jimmy (S-10 based) with 3 inch drop, shoulda bought the Typhoon instead, 93 Olds Achieve SCX 5speed, 190hp Quad Four, pretty fast but ugly. 2000 Honda Accord 5 speed, utilitarian. 2001 Subaru WRX Wagon 5 Speed, the one I REALLY wish I had kept, had babies and the dam rear facing car carriers wouldn't fit in without front seats all the way forward, thus the CRV 5speed.

Now kids are school age and we've gotten through this horrible economic downturn, mostly, so Its time to have some fun again. Focus ST2 through an Xplan pricing is my plan in the next month or so...

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Currently my DD is a 1991 Taurus SHO. I have 2 91's, and a 97 SHO also.

1991 SHO 3.0L Yamaha V6, Soon to be up graded 3.2L Yamaha V6

The 97; 3.4L Yamaha V8 155K

And The Beast; 7.3L Powerstroke 197K

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum DkN, that's a long list of vehicles! I've always liked the Saab 9-3 Aeros and was close to buying one at one point, but then ended up going with a a Mazda6. What's a ballpark price of the ST2 with the Xplan pricing?

Current: 1999 F-250 SD P.O.S. 250k bought new, work truck. 05 Honda CRV EX 5-speed bought new, 180k daily driver. 08 SAAB 9-3 Aero 6speed, 52k wife's car, kinda. 08 H-D 1200N, 7k ratted out. Past: 79 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham modded 350, high school car I wish I still had. 86 GMC Jimmy 6.2L diesel 4x4, the full sized truck with removable fiberglass top, wish I had today. 1992 GMC Jimmy (S-10 based) with 3 inch drop, shoulda bought the Typhoon instead, 93 Olds Achieve SCX 5speed, 190hp Quad Four, pretty fast but ugly. 2000 Honda Accord 5 speed, utilitarian. 2001 Subaru WRX Wagon 5 Speed, the one I REALLY wish I had kept, had babies and the dam rear facing car carriers wouldn't fit in without front seats all the way forward, thus the CRV 5speed.

Now kids are school age and we've gotten through this horrible economic downturn, mostly, so Its time to have some fun again. Focus ST2 through an Xplan pricing is my plan in the next month or so...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard Dave. A ford guy through and through I see. Any plans on picking up the new ST?

Currently my DD is a 1991 Taurus SHO. I have 2 91's, and a 97 SHO also.

1991 SHO 3.0L Yamaha V6, Soon to be up graded 3.2L Yamaha V6
The 97; 3.4L Yamaha V8 155K
And The Beast; 7.3L Powerstroke 197K

·
Registered
142 Posts
I currently drive a 2002 Nissan Maxima 6 Speed, Looking to upgrade soon, I have been reading all of the hype about the ST and am getting exited about it. My decision will probably come down to the ST or a WRX depending on how the test drives go
Oooo. Two great vehicles. I like the WRX but the ST's styling just does it for me. All things being equal, I will always go for aesthetics when buying a vehicle, but that's just me. Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site Dkn! Agree you should have went with the Typhoon :) My buddy had one and I loved it. Good luck with your ST2 purchase!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I currently own a 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited with all the trimmings including LED taillights I installed myself. I am leasing a 2011 Subaru Legacy just as a stop-gap option to research a permanent car to replace my much loved and modded 1997 Nissan 200SX SE-R. I was thinking WRX or Evo until the Car and Driver article on the ST came out recently. This may change things!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave. A ford guy through and through I see. Any plans on picking up the new ST?
Being a SHO guy I think the new style Taurus (2010) is too big. Would have loved to see the Fusion size car be the new SHO but that did not happen so. Yes I do plan on get an ST probably be a 2014.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
'08 Taurus

Currently driving an '08 Taurus...big and comfy! A lot quicker than many might think. Can't wait for the ST though! 262894_145236965557824_100002145657694_279830_2372834_n.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
ST2_Xplan.jpg

The above is Xplan pricing for an ST2. No other options added. Went to Ford today and put the family in a Focus SE with a 5 speed. It will fit the family, next a trip to the Credit Union to try to pay for this thing. The manager at Ford said about 4 weeks before the cars they ordered show up (Charlotte, NC.) When they got one in I will drive it and make final order if all the reviews are accurate.

Has anyone read the Topgear UK Magazine article from July 2012 and how they drove the ST from LA to NY in 5 days and NO Interstates? They loved the car even after some 20 hour driving days.

·
Registered
915 Posts
a couple of my rides

IMG-20120528-00207.jpg 2008 chevy silverado LT, 2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R,pictures of 2012 Focus Titanium,coming as soon as my Blackberry starts being acknowledged by my laptop...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Currently my daily drive is a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX4 Quad Cab 4x4 in Sunburst Orange. Picked it up 8 days before Chrysler went bankrupt! It's a keeper though because it has lifetime engine and powertrain warranty. My summer sports car is a 2004 Mazda RX8 GT in Sunlight Silver. Bought it new in 2005 as a left over. Don't drive it in the rain and store it winters. Currently it's just shy of 18,000 miles. Someday this will be my "Classic Car". Great car in the twisties! Lots of fun! Going to retire the "truck" as my daily driver when the ST gets here. I'll use the truck for snow and ice storms, towing the snowmibiles, going to the dump, etc. The ST is going to be my all weather sports car that gets decent (I hope) gas mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm looking to replace my modified 2000 Mirage LS Sport as it is getting a bit long in the tooth, as they say.
I don't have any pictures, but here is a video taken back is 2004 by one of my pals.
Keep an eye on the blue WRX.

Let's see if this works!

Oh it did work.
The car has a Hot Rod Black coloured bonet/hood now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 79 Posts