Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my spark plugs the other day, when I pull then this is what it looked like.

What is is? Is it something I should be considered about?

(2013ST 55k)

ForumRunner_20160629_221605.png

ForumRunner_20160629_221615.png

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have never seen that before so I don't know what it is.

But based on the location of the crud on the threads tells me it's not getting into or coming from the combustion chamber. Due to this, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I would pay more attention to the electrode end.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It was on the inside of the coil pack as well, if that's what you mean.
yeah. that's dielectric grease. it's put on the boot to keep the rubber boot from sticking to the porcelain on the spark plug over time. that's normal, though whoever did that put waaay too much on IMHO.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If its inside the cylinder head that is condensation that is usually caused by a bad head gasket. Look under the oil cap if you have the same foam. Then its a bad head gasket

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah. that's dielectric grease. it's put on the boot to keep the rubber boot from sticking to the porcelain on the spark plug over time. that's normal, though whoever did that put waaay too much on IMHO.
Thank you, I'm glad that is wasn't something bad. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If its inside the cylinder head that is condensation that is usually caused by a bad head gasket. Look under the oil cap if you have the same foam. Then its a bad head gasket
That stuff fell into the combustion chamber, when I pulled the spark plugs.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That stuff fell into the combustion chamber, when I pulled the spark plugs.
ohh ok dont worry about it. What that is was water from when you washed the motor and even rain, found its way down the coils and heat and water form that foam. Dont worry about it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just needs an Italian tune up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts