Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody explain to me what this inlet is going to or what it's for? I see the exhaust manifold and the downpipe connect on the hot side. But on the compressor side I see the air intake, and some small other inlet. This is probably a dumb question but can somebody answer this for me? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Can somebody explain to me what this inlet is going to or what it's for? I see the exhaust manifold and the downpipe connect on the hot side. But on the compressor side I see the air intake, and some small other inlet. This is probably a dumb question but can somebody answer this for me? Thanks in advance

That's the compressed hot air going to your intercooler on its way to the intake manifold.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dhubbs

·
Registered
613 Posts
the circled item connects to the hot side. The terms hot side and cold side both refer to post turbo, but pre intake manifold piping. intake air gets compressed--it gets hot. intercooler cools it down, then it goes into the intake manifold/engine. so hot side refers to pre intercooler piping, cold side refers to post intercooler piping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the circled item connects to the hot side. The terms hot side and cold side both refer to post intercooler, but pre intake manifold piping. intake air gets compressed--it gets hot. intercooler cools it down, then it goes into the intake manifold/engine. so hot side refers to pre intercooler piping, cold side refers to post intercooler piping.
Ah thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Wowwwweee I feel stupid

Lots of piping going in all directions. It wouldn't have been long before you figured out on your own.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts