Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a trip and a piece of trim that I never really noticed before became conspicuous by it's absence.

Here's what it looks like when it's there;

trim1.jpg

...and this is what it looks like when it's not there.

trim2.jpg

There are similar pieces in the back, but none of the factory parts list show them nor can I find pictures.
I kind of like them but if I don't find a replacement for the missing one the other three are coming off.

Google has been of no help, has anyone ever seen these before?

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
395 Posts
What the hell are those!?

remove them and the deer whistles

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Looks dumb. No clue why that would be installed especially since it makes it look less aggressive up front. Unless that was the agenda. @Lead_Foot I didn't notice the deer whistles before you said that...I actually like deer whistles because I hate deer...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, car came from Michigan so that explains the deer whistles. I need gator and hog whistles down here (.357)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Probably something the previous owner installed. My ‘16 doesn’t have anything like that on the front.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks dumb. No clue why that would be installed especially since it makes it look less aggressive up front. Unless that was the agenda. @Lead_Foot I didn't notice the deer whistles before you said that...I actually like deer whistles because I hate deer...lol
Awe common now. I love deer.

Especially with sautéed onion and mashed potatoes.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Deer is delicious, not so much when it goes through your windshield.

OP, easiest thing is to remove the other and all of the 3M tape. I don't think you will find anything like that again. Sorry if you liked them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I see them a lot in Chicago on cars I think people install them to help protect from damage when parallel parking. Here is something similar just flat black and not gloss black: BumpTek Small ? Corner Bumper Protector ? Bumper Guard
Honestly I don't think that would do hardly anything as small as these are on this ST. You'd have to be very lucky to somehow hit that little strip...odd. That makes the most sense out of everything so far unless they thought they "looked nice"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts