Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
steering knuckle, spindle, wheel carrier, something like that manufacturers use different lingo sometimes

Reactions: JamieRoberts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Steering knuckle I'm imagine.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Agreed; knuckle or hub.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know why, but I've even heard it called a knee. Twenty-plus years in dealership parts. Nothing surprises me anymore!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I don't know why, but I've even heard it called a knee. Twenty-plus years in dealership parts. Nothing surprises me anymore!
I think we can all agree everything is called a thingamajigger. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I was swapping my shocks and spring out today and at the bottom of the shock the pinch bolt head snapped nightmare ?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't so pose anyone knows the best option to get the rest of the bolt out am gonna have to take the hub and suspention,shock out as a whole,is it better to either drill it out and nut and bolt it or hammer the rest of the bolt out?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Without a picture or pulling my wheel to see what you are dealing with, I would try to drill/easy out with pen oil and/or heat. I would avoid bolt/nut since there isn't a machined surface for the nut. If you have enough room to work in the wheel well then leave it in. Good luck!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don't so pose anyone knows the best option to get the rest of the bolt out am gonna have to take the hub and suspention,shock out as a whole,is it better to either drill it out and nut and bolt it or hammer the rest of the bolt out?

If it snapped off on the way out it's going to be a real ***** to get that out, even with an EZ out. You will have to drill out the whole bolt and then chase the threads with a tap, make sure you are centered on the broken bolt when you start drilling.

If that's NOT the case you should be able to get it out like BCs ST3 said. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks and the head of the bolt snapped before any of it started to come out Al put a picture on tomorrow as I am starting the work then and a was thinking oh heating the bracket but then again I have nothing to screw it out with as none of the bolt threads are showing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is not the actual part but it's the bolt that the head has snapped off and it didn't even turn out not one bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What would be the best way would it be to start with a small drill bit then increase size or drill half way and get a metal rod into the hole and tap it out never had to do this tbh ??

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes start off small and work your way up, hopefully thats not to hard of a bolt and you won't have much trouble getting it out. Remember to start it as close to center as possible, good drill bits will help, when your close you will almost be able to see the treads then run your tap in and out a little at a time, DO NOT break the tap off in the hole they are so hard you will never get it out.

Use some good cutting oil while your drilling and tapping.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts