Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been super unlucky and very lucky at the same time, I got rear ended on the freeway at 15mph stop and go traffic on "Friday", not a single scratch nothing the clip came off and I put it back on, fast forward today a lady again rear ended my car at around 20mph and pushed me a few feet. It wasnt fun I coulont belive it was happining again within a few days!

Long story short nothing happened to the car except a car on the lower bumper right where the exhaust is. So is this car built to take a hit like this multiple times? I couldn't see any damage.

p.s: San Diego drivers watch out for the drivers we have a good population of stupid drivers. Also this is a wake-up call to get a dashcam.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got "rear ended" at 8mph (12km/h) in stop and go traffic with 2000 miles (3200km) on the odo... $1300.00 CAD for a broken plastic trim piece and repaint.

Based on this I decided it's made of Gold Pressed Latinum.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had an unfriendly "meeting" with a Mercedes C-class a while ago, I hit it with my left rear, I was lucky that the fender wasn´t damaged. Besides of that the bumper had some minor scratches, almost not visible. The paint job was about 500$. The front of the Mercedes was repaired for almost 4000$! Although having to mess with it, I had a big grin in my face when we stopped, I rubbed the dirt off the bumper and it looked almost like new, and a lot of parts of the Mercedes front were spread on the road. Priceless to see his face when he noticed it :big smile:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You might need one of those brakelight flashers going around

·
Registered
78 Posts
On most vehicles even trucks the front end will crush in a lot more than the rear of a vehicle when involved in a collision. This really serves an important purpose as its designed to absorb energy in a frontal impact. Once the front end collapses into the engine, the engine block provides a firm point that makes it much harder to compress the front end once it meets the engine.

The rear of the car on the other hand isn't designed to have much of a crumple zone because of occupants are so close to the rear bumper. The rear is designed to be very rigid and doesn't have much crumple designed into it so it won't look like much damage occurred.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@elyk864 Thanks man I actually need that, but again in slow traffic it's all the clutch and gas pedal work, I hardly use the brakes unless I need them. That is what is causing them to hit me I guess.

Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Order Placed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts