Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks:

One of the first mods I made to my ST was the Mountune RMM . . . which did stiffen things up a bit in the shifting department, but the other day on surface streets in LA I had a sloppy downshift while going over some small ripples. I'd like the get that handled, thinking of the Damond "street" options . . . as the way to get more stiffness w/o bringing in teeth grating and console vibration under normal operating conditions.

They offer single units for all three motor mounts, the two side units, and a lower price deal for all three . . . in street for the sides that is rated 70a, and their RMM only comes in "race" for 88a . . . . The question is whether to go with only the two side units, the transmission side only, or flip out the mountune unit and go for all three to avoid labor overlaps on the install??

I looked on the mountune website and they don't show the "a" number for their unit, I'm not "unhappy" with it, but it didn't totally "solve" all of the shifting glitches that still seem to come and go depending on road conditions. I'd like to improve "feel" and driving experience, without going "race" spartan . . . .

Also, while I was on the mountune site I saw their offering for 6 qt/l? motul 5w-30 full synth plus 1 FL-400S filter for $62.xx . . . didn't check it elsewhere, the filter is normally pretty cheap, but motul generally isn't . . .??? Good deal?

Mountune motul oil change/filter

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Get all 3, in street bushings, and sell the mountune. Totally worth it.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
as for the oil change kit from mountune. you can get the 5L jugs of oil from HERE 27.95. You could get summitracing.com to price match the 5l jug and get a 1L bottle also with the fl400s filter and shipping and tax for about $60 depending on your state tax.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as for the oil change kit from mountune. you can get the 5L jugs of oil from HERE 27.95. You could get summitracing.com to price match the 5l jug and get a 1L bottle also with the fl400s filter and shipping and tax for about $60 depending on your state tax.
@Shadow

Thanks for posting that . . . when the thread went dormant yesterday I searched Amazon and that came out more or less the same as the mountune deal. Then I searched the Motul website and they linked to three sites with prices ranging from 40.23 down to the 27.95 you showed for the 5L . . . .

Even the dealer where I bought my car doesn't seem to understand that the larger fl400s filter . . . requires more oil. I believe they just put the 5L that seems to be the required amount . . . .

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
@Shadow

Thanks for posting that . . . when the thread went dormant yesterday I searched Amazon and that came out more or less the same as the mountune deal. Then I searched the Motul website and they linked to three sites with prices ranging from 40.23 down to the 27.95 you showed for the 5L . . . .

Even the dealer where I bought my car doesn't seem to understand that the larger fl400s filter . . . requires more oil. I believe they just put the 5L that seems to be the required amount . . . .
The ST requires 5.7 quarts or 5.4L move to the fl400s and you can get the full 6 us qt or 5.6L

Reactions: theBluFlash
1 - 6 of 6 Posts