Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss a memo or something about Honda Civic's? Are these factory race cars or something?

I'm in the left lane cruising on the highway pedestrian-like, they come screaming from the on-ramp and go from all the way in the right lane to up my a**!! Just to be up my a**!! Do Honda Civic owners manuals indicate that this is cool or something?

Cruising along on a two lane highway in high volume traffic, its only these guys who have to be nailing the throttle for 2 seconds only to have to brake to avoid a rear end collision.........until 3 car length's happen again and its nail the throttle for 2 seconds. Is this something these guys post up on a Civic community messageboard an hour later?

Chirping the tires in bumper to bumper traffic when in the lane next to me!! Is that considered a kill of an ST on community forums??

Jumping out of the left lane from behind me and jumping into the HOV lane and hitting the emergency flashers as he streaks off........whats that about?

Passing on the right of an off-ramp just to get to the traffic signal faster than me!!

Do these owners consider their cars race cars or something??

Am I just getting too old? Is this the new culture here? Is it you now take bows for winning no matter where you are as long as your headlights are in their rear view mirror?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm in the left lane cruising on the highway pedestrian-like,
The only time you should be in the left lane cruising, is if you’re in Britain. Otherwise get out of the “fast” lane and let people around you.

Fast lane campers are a public nuisance that should have to go through remedial driver education IMO.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have never noticed Honda drivers to be annoying.
True some have fartcan exhausts, and slammed so their buttocks graze the pavement..
But aside from the occasional buzz on by.. I do not notice them much.

As for cars rushing up from behind.. They are all sorts, old, new, big little..semi with trailer..

The one class which used to be a serious problem has stopped..
Semi rigs tailgating a few feet behind.. (And I am in the right lane). But in the recent few years this has vanished. Truck drivers seem to all be saints now.
I am certain it is due to all the smartphone footage of the bad ones being recorded doing the dangerous stuff, enough that they can no longer afford to do it.

I can remember my Father (this is back in the early 1960s) yelling at VW bug drivers for being so reckless anytime one passed him.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This thread did not go the direction the OP intended. :D Seems like his driving habits may be instigating road rage from impatient drivers around him, which happen to be Civic drivers. He just doesn't notice the other types of vehicles doing the same thing. ;)

I've got a Civic del Sol Si, and I actually drive that vehicle more conservatively than my ST.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well I'm noticing that most replies are from people who have never even seen a 5 laneExpressway much less the Long Island Expressway on Long Island.......Bumfook, Oregon and Scratchmayassville, Ohio. Can you even go 55 on those highways out there? Maybe never even seen a Honda Civic? Ever even have your car over 100mph?? :)

I guess wrong messageboard to post up a rant..........where most people have driven the experiential equivalent of around the block a few times..........fAiL on my part. Thought Id be getting some feedback from people who have actually driven on highways at speed with high volumes of traffic.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The only time you should be in the left lane cruising, is if you’re in Britain. Otherwise get out of the “fast” lane and let people around you.

Fast lane campers are a public nuisance that should have to go through remedial driver education IMO.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

LOL.......from the guy who lives in Oregon!! OK.........whatever you say s0n. What...........do you see a cop on the highway every 200 miles???!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You do understand 75 is one of the longest and most travelled interstates in the United States, right? The speed limit is 70.

lol s0n..........where I live, there are about 50 of those within 30 minutes of me!!

My bad........I just realized that the people on this thread probably see a Civic Si about twice a week........I see about 100 in a week. Reminds me of what I sometimes forget........reality in life really is 95% perception.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This thread did not go the direction the OP intended. :D Seems like his driving habits may be instigating road rage from impatient drivers around him, which happen to be Civic drivers. He just doesn't notice the other types of vehicles doing the same thing. ;)

I've got a Civic del Sol Si, and I actually drive that vehicle more conservatively than my ST.

My other daily is a civic lol

·
Administrator
13,262 Posts
Well I'm noticing that most replies are from people who have never even seen a 5 laneExpressway much less the Long Island Expressway on Long Island.......Bumfook, Oregon and Scratchmayassville, Ohio. Can you even go 55 on those highways out there? Maybe never even seen a Honda Civic? Ever even have your car over 100mph?? :)

I guess wrong messageboard to post up a rant..........where most people have driven the experiential equivalent of around the block a few times..........fAiL on my part. Thought Id be getting some feedback from people who have actually driven on highways at speed with high volumes of traffic.
Well, as a driver that lives right outside of Philly, and commutes towards Staten Island everyday. With a ton of commuting miles across the years, I am no stranger to all sorts of terrible drivers. Yeah civics tend to be annoying, but left lane campers are a real problem.

If everyone drives with the goal to "not be in somebody's way" then the whole driving experience would change for the better. Ignorance is what causes the bulk of traffic, which then leads to people tailgating and raises the level of emotion while driving.

People speed matching the car to the right of them, creating a road block. Driver's that say "I'm doing the speed limit, what's their problem" , or the attitude that "I'm in this lane and I think my speed is just fine, everyone else has to just deal"

These things piss me off. Somebody has the nerve to think that they have the right to block a lane, and that they are right to do so. It's just ridiculous, get out of everyone's way. Don't be the problem.

If someone is inside your ass, assess the situation (borderline pun right here, lol), move out of their way if possible. It's not difficult to get out of the way, yet drivers never seem to grasp this concept.

Cell phone use, put the phone down and drive. If you are still retarded and need to be on the phone endangering everyone on the road, then don't do it in the fast lane at the speed limit oblivious to the vehicles around you.

Obviously the whole ride your ass to a red light, or hit the shoulder to pass, or constant weaving for nothing, these are problems. 75 percent of the time this occurs because somebody is improperly using a lane though, and blocking the flow of traffic.

Luckily Im working on the closest edge of my territory, giving me a 18 mile commute, but on average my commute is 50-ish miles one way, 12 times a week. Worst commute was 98 miles each way. This is one area that I have a huge amount of experience in. I am no middle of nowhere no cops situation. More worried about livestock on the road then other cars country driver. I deal with terrible drivers, from multiple cities, across ****ty antiquated highways.

Think civics are bad? Dumptrucks on their daily to and from the quarry, probably the biggest group of assholes I experience daily. Not only do they have residual rocks flying out, but they think they are in sports cars cutting, weaving, blocking traffic, cutting people off, just these "douche convoys" on the roadways. It really pisses me off. I will take a honda over a dumptruck. Ugh.

Well my rant is over for now.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
724 Posts
Soccer moms in mini vans....usually on cell phone....tail gate me at 85 in the fast lane. I live in CA, we have 3-4 lane freeways here, so the rule of "fast lane lingering" really doesnt apply to us. But the farthest left lane IS for faster traffic, which CHP gives zero **** about, they will pull you over going 66 in a 65, they are that bad, then let you off with no speeding ticket but give you a fix-it ticket for your window tint and wasted about 30 minutes of your time and now money for having to remove your 285 dollar ceramic tint >_> #triggered

Also, could the OP please not bully the other posters? I understand it wasnt the response you wanted, but it isnt cause for ridiculing the other forum members. And yes, a lot of honda civic drivers think they are Michael Schumacher and drive up your ass, there is a term for this behavior: RICER. Not all honda owners are, as seen in above posts, we have 2 respectable gentlemen here who drive hondas. But most teenage, got it as their first car, idiots drive around like Dale Earnhardt JR. Ill be sitting at the stop light giving my car a little rev to 2k to hear the crackle of decel which will quickly be interrupted by an annoying bang off the rev limiter of the teenager in the civic next to me thinking he is the new star of tokyo drift.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, as a driver that lives right outside of Philly, and commutes towards Staten Island everyday. With a ton of commuting miles across the years, I am no stranger to all sorts of terrible drivers. Yeah civics tend to be annoying, but left lane campers are a real problem.

If everyone drives with the goal to "not be in somebody's way" then the whole driving experience would change for the better. Ignorance is what causes the bulk of traffic, which then leads to people tailgating and raises the level of emotion while driving.

People speed matching the car to the right of them, creating a road block. Driver's that say "I'm doing the speed limit, what's their problem" , or the attitude that "I'm in this lane and I think my speed is just fine, everyone else has to just deal"

These things piss me off. Somebody has the nerve to think that they have the right to block a lane, and that they are right to do so. It's just ridiculous, get out of everyone's way. Don't be the problem.

If someone is inside your ass, assess the situation (borderline pun right here, lol), move out of their way if possible. It's not difficult to get out of the way, yet drivers never seem to grasp this concept.

Cell phone use, put the phone down and drive. If you are still retarded and need to be on the phone endangering everyone on the road, then don't do it in the fast lane at the speed limit oblivious to the vehicles around you.

Obviously the whole ride your ass to a red light, or hit the shoulder to pass, or constant weaving for nothing, these are problems. 75 percent of the time this occurs because somebody is improperly using a lane though, and blocking the flow of traffic.

Luckily Im working on the closest edge of my territory, giving me a 18 mile commute, but on average my commute is 50-ish miles one way, 12 times a week. Worst commute was 98 miles each way. This is one area that I have a huge amount of experience in. I am no middle of nowhere no cops situation. More worried about livestock on the road then other cars country driver. I deal with terrible drivers, from multiple cities, across ****ty antiquated highways.

Think civics are bad? Dumptrucks on their daily to and from the quarry, probably the biggest group of assholes I experience daily. Not only do they have residual rocks flying out, but they think they are in sports cars cutting, weaving, blocking traffic, cutting people off, just these "douche convoys" on the roadways. It really pisses me off. I will take a honda over a dumptruck. Ugh.

LOL......my sentiments exactly. Around NYC, a ton of people who just park in the left lane and seemingly have zero knowledge they shouldn't be there........not sure it is even a cell phone thing. 55 mph and "F-YOU.....I'm not getting out of the way". Could rant about this all day......but lately, these Civic guys bump drafting you no matter WHAT lane you are in............like at the end of the commute you're gonna take a checkered flag with fart can screaming at 8,000rpm. Ghey

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol s0n..........where I live, there are about 50 of those within 30 minutes of me!!

My bad........I just realized that the people on this thread probably see a Civic Si about twice a week........I see about 100 in a week. Reminds me of what I sometimes forget........reality in life really is 95% perception.
I see new NSX's on a daily basis ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts

If this is the worst of your worries, you should probably stop complaining.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Whether its two-lane or three-lane or more. The left most lane is for passing.

I see it all the time and I need to pass in the right lane because people clog up the left lane. Just don't go there if you don't like people on your ass. Some people don't want to wait and drive "cruising on the highway pedestrian-like".

Like others have said. Move over.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts

The accuracy pains me. In PA, driving in the left lane and not passing, while also not speeding, still warrants the ability for a PSP officer to "move you" out of the left lane and even ticket you. They just hardly ever do it...mainly because when people see the PSP they move over and drive at 55 on cruise control anyway lol

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.