Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've been hoping to track down a new ST3 but so far no luck finding one close by to Columbus, OH. I did find a low mileage used one a short drive away. Its a 2017 ST3 with 10k miles - https://www.raabeforddelphos.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Focus-86d1319b0a0e0ae72b213ab94abf10d1.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=vdp

Dealer is asking $21,454. I haven't seen the car in person yet but may make the drive down there later this week. If all checks out what would you offer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well as a comparison, there was a ‘17 ST3 w/ 15k miles by me listed for 20.5k & it sold in a week. So that seems like a fair w/ only 10k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are those ST3 seats & infotainment system something you must have? Otherwise you could likely get into an ST1 with the same amount of mileage for around 17-18k.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for the info folks.

The ST3 seats and infotainment are a must have.

There might be a little wiggle room in their price, but not much. If you think they’ll take 19k then you’re mistaken. They might take $500 off but not likely. They don’t have to because they know it’s a high demand vehicle.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Sounds like a pretty decent price to me. I just bought my 17' last June. Just hit 10000 miles. And with financing I still owe $23,000. And it's a St 1.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi,
I've been hoping to track down a new ST3 but so far no luck finding one close by to Columbus, OH. I did find a low mileage used one a short drive away. Its a 2017 ST3 with 10k miles - https://www.raabeforddelphos.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Focus-86d1319b0a0e0ae72b213ab94abf10d1.htm?utm_source=autotrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=vdp

Dealer is asking $21,454. I haven't seen the car in person yet but may make the drive down there later this week. If all checks out what would you offer?

Thanks.
I got my used 17 ST3 with just under 10k miles for 20 last June (excluding taxes, fees, and warranties obviously). List price was 21.6 I believe. However that was before Ford announced they weren't making cars anymore. Now that nice used ST3s are gonna be harder to find, I'd see if you can get em into the 20,xxx range and call it a deal :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another piece of leverage is financing with the dealer selling the car. They might be willing to come down some if they are making more on the financing side.

They probably would a little bit. We all know how much dealers hate cash buyers. Have them drop the price, finance the car, make two payments & then pay it off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They probably would a little bit. We all know how much dealers hate cash buyers. Have them drop the price, finance the car, make two payments & then pay it off.

I can pay cash for the car but will definitely do this. I think I did this when I bought my last car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lol, the Focus ST even ST3 is not a high demand car. I paid $18,000 for a white ST3 with 20,000 miles, 4 months ago.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lol, the Focus ST even ST3 is not a high demand car. I paid $18,000 for a white ST3 with 20,000 miles, 4 months ago.

Unfortunately that price doesn’t exit in California. I’m seeing ST1’s w/40-50k miles for 17-18k in CA. ST3’s will typically be in the 21-23k range out here.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi,

Thanks.

A couple of things that bug me are how dirty the car appears in the pics & the plasti dip wheels. Look, I realize that the weather isn’t the greatest out there, but the dealership could take a little pride & power-wash the car, wipe it down, clean the wheels & put some tire dressing on. A clean vehicle attracts buyers, so I guess they just don’t care. Also, about those wheels, they look very dull & plasti dip is a short term fix. Sooner or later you’ll have to take it off & paint or powder-coat those wheels black if you want them to look right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A couple of things that bug me are how dirty the car appears in the pics & the plasti dip wheels. Look, I realize that the weather isn’t the greatest out there, but the dealership could take a little pride & power-wash the car, wipe it down, clean the wheels & put some tire dressing on. A clean vehicle attracts buyers, so I guess they just don’t care. Also, about those wheels, they look very dull & plasti dip is a short term fix. Sooner or later you’ll have to take it off & paint or powder-coat those wheels black if you want them to look right.

Yeah I thought that was a little odd as well. I still haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet so maybe they cleaned it up a little better. Thanks for bringing up the wheels as I thought they were powder coated. Good to know.

I also started searching Craigslist within 100 miles of my area and am seeing a few other 2017 ST3’s from private sellers in around the same price range with similar mileage so at least I’m finding a good sample of cars to choose from.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I still haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet so maybe they cleaned it up a little better.
Cars are like real estate. If the dealer/agent hasn't bothered to post superior photos, then you shouldn't expect an in-person viewing to be any better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately that price doesn’t exit in California. I’m seeing ST1’s w/40-50k miles for 17-18k in CA. ST3’s will typically be in the 21-23k range out here.

Not necessarily... I bought my '17 ST3 last October (new/leftover) for $23.5k in L.A (sticker was $31.8k). I wanted to wait longer, but I knew if I did I'd lose color/trim selection & have to settle for a ST1 or ST2- which there were plenty of... though that may no longer be the case. Worst part was the dealership running that tired old sales model at me (make 'em wait, & screw 'em when they're too tired argue).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not necessarily... I bought my '17 ST3 last October (new/leftover) for $23.5k in L.A (sticker was $31.8k). I wanted to wait longer, but I knew if I did I'd lose color/trim selection & have to settle for a ST1 or ST2- which there were plenty of... though that may no longer be the case. Worst part was the dealership running that tired old sales model at me (make 'em wait, & screw 'em when they're too tired argue).
I'm seeing a few more ST3's in my area via dealer and private dealers. One in particular is form a Ford dealer in Cincy - they've got a white 2018 ST3 with 3200 miles for 24k. I'm going to take a look at it this weekend along with a few others in the area.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts