Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys are paying in insurance a month. I'm 18 and my insurance is going to be roughly 300$ a month. Does this amount sound about right? I have AAA.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Have you shopped around? Honestly it is going to be high when you are that young. What I pay will be far lass than you because I am 31. It will probably be high until you are 25 unless your parents want to add you to their insurance. If that is not the case shop around. If you want just basic coverage try: Mercury and Geico.

EDIT: I have Geico. I pay $90 a month.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That seems kinda high but you're 18 and driving a turbo charged sports car so there's that.

I pay $450 every 6 months but I'm 53 with a clean driving record...... For now :wink:......Oh how I love my ST :in love:

Edit: State Farm.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Just wondering what you guys are paying in insurance a month. I'm 18 and my insurance is going to be roughly 300$ a month. Does this amount sound about right? I have AAA.
When I got mine I was 20 with a perfect driving record. My first 3 quotes (Progressive, Erie, State Farm) all put me at about $250-300 a month for full coverage. Then I tried Allstate and they quoted me at $140 with early signing bonus (Get coverage 1 week before buying the car) and $160 a month if I got coverage the day I got the car. So I got coverage the day I got the car and pay $160 a month and it still hasn't changed since then. I think that's VERY cheap for getting a new car under the age of 21. When mine renews I'm eager to see if it drops more now that I'm 21 and I've had insurance 5 years on other vehicles and now I cover my GSX-R 600 through them.

Deductibles are
Collision: 500
Comprehensive: 500
Don't know Medical

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm 21 and I'm at $270 with progressive. Deductibles are $1000. I'm actually planning to switch to geico at the end of the month. My premium should go down to about $220/month since it's passed 3 years since that speeding ticket :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
140 a month @ 26 with farm bureau and I just got my safe drivers back yay that will be gone soon enough. I had a cobalt ss when I was 21 and paid more than 300 a month...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am 21, I go through State Farm and pay about $150 a month. That is full coverage

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
$110/Mo total for my 2015 ST and a 2016 Nissan Maxima SR. Liberty Mutual. Full coverage. I'm 54.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I'm 21 and I'm at $270 with progressive. Deductibles are $1000. I'm actually planning to switch to geico at the end of the month. My premium should go down to about $220/month since it's passed 3 years since that speeding ticket :)
I was like WOW that's pricey then saw the speeding ticket comment at the end. That's makes sense now.

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
I have AAA; I pay about $1000.00 annually for maximum coverage.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Depends on age, driving record, and STATE. Insurance in NJ and MA was so much more than VA and even DC, where I pay about $125/mo w/ Liberty Mutual's $500 vanishing deductible, which is now $300 into my 2nd year. That's w/ a clean record at age 35, max liabilities and full collision.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm 56 with a clean driving record, $600 a year with deductibles of $250 collision and $50 comprehensive... I love Erie insurance!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Guess I'm shopping around, I'm paying $122 a month at 32 years old and a clean record.

When I was 16 I had a 2002 Neon, brand new, and my insurance was $300 / month!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
125.00 a month
Including valuable Personal Property Insurance for my guns and wife's wedding ring.

2 cars 16 ST and 17 Explorer both full coverage 500/500 deductibles
300k/100k coverages.

I'm 33 with USAA and have been with them since I was active duty in 2003. I had a horrible driving record till my mid to late 20's, with 1 accident claim that was my fault in that same time period. I got a decent break at 25 but my biggest was when I turned 30 and a lot of stuff came off my record.

I also have my homeowner's through them, checking, and a savings account for my son. So that helps too.

Reactions: kuyamike816

·
Registered
979 Posts
ST only on my policy. Full Coverage 500 Deductible on Collision Zero on comp runs me $521 every 6 months with Geico. 51 yrs old clean record.

·
Premium Member
5,730 Posts
This is going to vary wildly, just like all the other threads of this type. There are entirely too many variables at play here to make anywhere close to a reliable estimate of what you should be paying. The best you can do is shop around and see who offers you the best deal on coverage.

You see, I pay $80/month with 3 cars on my policy. 1 has liability only 2 of them have full coverage with a $250 deductible and one of them is a 2016 Mustang GT. You see, incredibly different, you can't compare.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts