Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My [email protected]$$ never upgraded to step colder plugs and could that be the problem with my car? It idles rough at times and constantly over revs when the clutch being manipulated (while changing gears) and sometimes taking it out of gear and sitting at a stop sign it will do it.
MODS:
COBB AP
COBB SHORT THROW PLATE
COBB TRANS BUSHINGS
CPE cold air
CPE HKS kit
CPE light weight intercooler
CPE cattless dp
AWE touring exhadt

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’d did have a misfire at one point after going stage 3. However I cleared the code and it hasn’t happened since

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
All I know is your liver will whine like a blonde at a math convention after about 1/3 of the tequila bottle...

...so spend the money and knock out the sparkplugs!

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
lol...it’s all good, I just meant that especially if you have old plugs in, its a good time to do em. Most parts stores either have them, or can get them next day...but there are better deals online 😉

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
465 Posts
What could cause the over rev
The revving issue several folks have had with the 17 and 18s at least was tracked back to the gas pedal. Some folks replaced them, others took them apart and put lithium grease on the friction locations. I did that to mine earlier this week when the temp was around 90 degrees and it was refusing to come down on gear changes.

According to the throttle pid in torque it was still reading 15 to 16% when my foot was off the pedal and then it would slowly edge down to 11% or so over 15-20 seconds.

Anyway, took the thing apart with the help of a post on here, greased the places he said to grease, and no more problems even in 92+ degrees the rest of this week. Throttle comes right down as it should and immediately returns to 10.5 to 11%. Fwiw, the pedal assembly was completely dry inside... No lube at all.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
465 Posts
@MailmanMike was the guy who helped me fix mine, so search for his gas pedal post.

Reactions: KaChinga_st
1 - 11 of 11 Posts