Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,564 Posts
hi dude it stands for sports technology hope this helps
And, you can do a few mods and take your ST to the track and race it in the "ST" (street tuner) class!

·
Super Moderator
6,564 Posts
I wonder why Ford didn't name it the Focus SVT " Specialty Vehicle Team"? Are they moving away from that term and going with the Ford ST "Sports Technology" brand for future vehicles?
From what I've read, ST is the "One World" merger of SVT (U.S.) and RS (Europe).

·
Registered
11 Posts
it actually means sport technologies and svt is special vehicle team and which is the successor from svo which was special vehicle opperations.
as well with tanner foust's focus being a ST-R meaning sport technologies race edition.

and the only svt that i know of thats still in production is the svt raptor

·
Registered
141 Posts
They should have kept SVT, imho. Brand recognition is valuable. Everyone knows SVT. ST, not so much.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Super Turbo awesomeness. Haha :crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
They should have kept SVT, imho. Brand recognition is valuable. Everyone knows SVT. ST, not so much.
Yea I do agree with you there. ST sounds more like a Lower end package deal ES, LS,LT something along those lines. SVT just has that little bit of flare to it. And funny thing is when I tell people I have a Focus ST I get a really weird look, so i say "Its the new SVT" lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
IMO the main reason it's because the vehicule has been mostly designed in germany by the same guys who made the previous ST.

·
Registered
137 Posts
and the only svt that i know of thats still in production is the svt raptor
The Shelby GT500s are also SVT vehicles. There is an SVT logo on the engine block, air filter, front bumper isolator, head lights, door sills and owners manual (and that's just off the top of my head, it's all over the car)!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Since it a global platform a new name is probably preferred. I deal with Europe and Asia a lot. People can get their "panties" in a bunch about little stuff like this. The RS guys would complain if they went with the SVT and vice versa for the SVT guys. Now everyone complains, but will soon move on. Just my opinion on the name change. I personbally like the ST badge.

Wes

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Actually what happened was Ford merged SVT (US) and RS (Europe) together to make a new team: ST or Sport Technologies. SVO died out when Ford threatened to kill the Mustang in 1993.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Sierra tango
Sex tourist
Special time
Sorta tough
Some thing
Super turbo
School tie

Can stand for anything you want!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts