Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I got one of the Spigen vent clip mounts for 8 bucks on Amazon. It magnetically holds onto a plate you install on the inside of your case, so cheap and it holds my phone so well in the vent directly to the right of the steering wheel. Love it.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Proclip is the best solution, a bit pricey but I love mine. I have the pillar mount.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got one of the Spigen vent clip mounts for 8 bucks on Amazon. It magnetically holds onto a plate you install on the inside of your case, so cheap and it holds my phone so well in the vent directly to the right of the steering wheel. Love it.
I use the exact same one! Also use one for AP3

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
I'm actually using it for my Accessport, but I have a Scosche Magic Mount (Window variant) and it has been working great. Mounts to the window securely, the arm is firm but still adjustable, and the magnet is quite strong. Taken it on several spirited drives and it has held on strong even when pushing the car through switchback corners. The AP3 is magnetic already so I didn't need to use one of the included magnetic plates, but I did test it out with my phone (a OnePlus 3) and the mount felt super secure. I was actually able to slip the plate between the phone body and the case without sticking it to anything and it held up just fine, so you can easily reuse the plates if needed.

$25 on Amazon but I got mine on sale for $19, and it qualifies for Prime if you have it. They have several variants if you don't want to mount to your window, including dash mounts, vent mounts, and mat mounts.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I second the Scosche. They are actually available at Walmart if you want to buy locally, or for slightly less on Amazon. I used the sticky-mount for the base and stuck it directly to the left of the left center vent wheel. It does hold very securely, and non-oem (cheaper) plates that stick on your phone are available for when you switch phones. I can't say how much I like this mount; just get in the car, drop the phone on the mount and you're done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts