Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new look for the 16 ST. I could paint my Snowflakes White like the first picture, Buy a set of Rotiform CCV wheels or go with a set OZ rally wheels. The only picture I could find of a FoST with Rotiform wheels was the one below. I will be putting the chosen set of wheels on my white car.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,562 Posts
Personally I like the snowflakes on the ST, but I'm more of a 5-spoke-variant kind of guy. I don't prefer the ones that look more like a big, flat hubcap on the wheels, but that's just me....

However, this is up to you and what YOU like. Which do you prefer?

Reactions: waltkulwicki

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm partial to the OZ wheels (or the Sparco knockoffs) personally but the white snowflakes would be 2nd in my book. I also really like these:

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,922 Posts
I'm partial to 5 spokes and love the premium ST wheels.

If forced to run snowflakes on a white car, I would choose stock silver.

The others are interesting looking, I would pick natural machined aluminum for those.

But it's really all personal preference.

I have found myself liking some of the bronze rims folks have posted lately, in color combinations I might not have liked in past years.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm partial to the OZ wheels (or the Sparco knockoffs) personally but the white snowflakes would be 2nd in my book. I also really like these:
Me too 😍
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice looking wheel

·
Registered
317 Posts
OK, let's address this real quick. We all commit social faus paus in life, like asking about 87 octane in a performance car model. So lets forgive... or make this an inside joke of endearment. As for saving money, I did a test and compared 87 vs 91 Octane. Cost the same in the long run. 87 was cheaper, but mpg was less. At the time it was nearly the same cost either way. Try it and see if you get the same results.

Back to the original post. I plan to paint my snowflakes white. I used plasti dip two years ago and it was great, but... getting brake dust of the fubber coating was, umm..., a smudged up mess. So I peeled it off. But I really want to do it again.

I love the snowflakes in WHITE. I mean, they are called SNOWFLAKES. Com'on!!!

Alternatively, I was going to get the OZ, but couldn't justify the price. Then I landed my hands on some Method's on clearance. But if you've got the money, those OZ wheels are sweet. I've seen them in person on a ST and they look good if you like the rally look.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, let's address this real quick. We all commit social faus paus in life, like asking about 87 octane in a performance car model. So lets forgive... or make this an inside joke of endearment. As for saving money, I did a test and compared 87 vs 91 Octane. Cost the same in the long run. 87 was cheaper, but mpg was less. At the time it was nearly the same cost either way. Try it and see if you get the same results.

Back to the original post. I plan to paint my snowflakes white. I used plasti dip two years ago and it was great, but... getting brake dust of the fubber coating was, umm..., a smudged up mess. So I peeled it off. But I really want to do it again.

I love the snowflakes in WHITE. I mean, they are called SNOWFLAKES. Com'on!!!

Alternatively, I was going to get the OZ, but couldn't justify the price. Then I landed my hands on some Method's on clearance. But if you've got the money, those OZ wheels are sweet. I've seen them in person on a ST and they look good if you like the rally look.
I am an automotive engineer and I like to try thing out and prove stuff to my self. The way I drive my car most of the time, octane will never make a difference and I always use 93 anyway. Thanks for the stimulating conversation.
I love white snowflakes and my local powder coating company offers a deal where you leave you car with them for three day and the dismount the tires, clean and strip the rims, powder coat them and remount and balance the wheels for $600. It sound like a really hood deal since the cheapest I have been able to find was $106 per wheel

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
🥰 White snowflakes on a white ST🥰

Should’ve come like that when it left Wayne, Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,562 Posts
Of the choices posted i really like the white snowflakes the most personally.

But I'm partial to the 18 inch gunmetal fusion wheels. (Car belongs to another member here)

View attachment 398114
That looks nice... any idea how much those rims weigh?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts