Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,365 Posts
The whole point of keyless entry is not having to touch the fob, leaving in pocket or purse. Should have at least been an option in the menu to turn off. Lawyers 🙄🤬

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I agree with you on the zero spot for phone (n)
But what’s wrong with the cup holders? Never had an issue other than some cups are too big or too small lol
Yeah, if the cup is too tall my arm bumps into it while shifting. Cup holders should be above the shifter on a manual. Odd thing is, I almost never put a cup in them, it's actually where I keep my phone.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST
21 Posts
Double honk, rattles, no auto-dimming rear view mirror on an ST2, no backup camera with myFordtouch (pre-2015), stupid RPM drop to 500 in stop and go traffic, having to remove the belly pan to do an oil change.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,304 Posts
Not necessarily "hate"... More like an issue with contentment.

See, I was content with how well the car accelerated when it was stock, but after additional parts and custom tune, I wanted a bit more.. so I got WMI... and now I think it needs a bigger turbo since I'm at higher altitude and well... I don't get to enjoy the air density you guys do at sea level so it needs to be helped along.

So, will 350hp/375(ish) tq be "enough" for a daily driver?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,970 Posts
Power inconsistency .

It's More conssistent on e30. But you can take two days with the same barometric conditions, the same air density correction, and the same temperature And the car runs vastly different. It did it stock, it does it with an upgraded turbo.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,304 Posts
Power inconsistency .

It's More conssistent on e30. But you can take two days with the same barometric conditions, the same air density correction, and the same temperature And the car runs vastly different. It did it stock, it does it with an upgraded turbo.
I keep wondering if it has to do with oil temps... When I do pulls with the oil temp in the 130-140 range, it runs fine with no corrections on the cylinders. However, if I try to do a pull with the oil temp in the 180+ range, it always seems to get corrections on a cylinder or two (typically 3 and 4, but especially 4). Since 4 is the last in the line of the oil passages/water passages and the fluids will be the hottest at that cylinder, I wonder if that's what keeps causing the negatives corrections and thus pulling power since it'll detect knock on it?

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
284 Posts
The circus of dropping the rear seats if you need to haul anything. Would it have killed you Ford to make it possible to flip the rear seats down without having to remove the headrests, push the front seats forward (because of course you couldn't set it up so that the seats can be fully back and still fold), then pull up the seat floor, then push the seatback downward.

LSD as an option like the SVT, and a decent FMIC. At least these can be added. but the rear seats. Ugh.
I just removed my rear seat bottoms and the headrests, then always keep them folded. It's not like anyone actually fits back there anyways.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The Focus is a massive compromise of a car, but in my opinion does a lot for the money. They could've added an LSD and a real intercooler, but then the price would have started to approach higher priced competitors. Both of those can be fixed, but one of the massive oversights that I notice daily is the lack of lockable storage inside the car. No locking glovebox, center armrest or rear subfloor.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,970 Posts
I keep wondering if it has to do with oil temps... When I do pulls with the oil temp in the 130-140 range, it runs fine with no corrections on the cylinders. However, if I try to do a pull with the oil temp in the 180+ range, it always seems to get corrections on a cylinder or two (typically 3 and 4, but especially 4). Since 4 is the last in the line of the oil passages/water passages and the fluids will be the hottest at that cylinder, I wonder if that's what keeps causing the negatives corrections and thus pulling power since it'll detect knock on it?
I have zero corrections, no fuel pressure issues, no trim issues, etc. Maybe im just sensitive to it and maybe it isnt as bad as it feels to me. But its just irritating. Sometimes i stand in it and im like "damn this thinf flies" and other times it doesn't Light the same fire.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,304 Posts
I have zero corrections, no fuel pressure issues, no trim issues, etc. Maybe im just sensitive to it and maybe it isnt as bad as it feels to me. But its just irritating. Sometimes i stand in it and im like "damn this thinf flies" and other times it doesn't Light the same fire.
You just need a bigger hair dryer on it. That way you can make a bigger fire.:cool:

Or your butt dyno is too sensitive.

·
Registered
533 Posts
tell me what you hate about your car! :p
The Ford part.
This is a new concept for me as I've always been a Ford fanboy. No longer. They sold me a defective car and refuse to acknowledge the issue as theirs. It's my last from FoMoCo, ever.
Other than the problem I'm having, I can find no fault in the car as designed and equipped. Under normal circumstances, I would say that I got way more than I paid for... just not in my particular case.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yeah, if the cup is too tall my arm bumps into it while shifting. Cup holders should be above the shifter on a manual. Odd thing is, I almost never put a cup in them, it's actually where I keep my phone.
I never thought of the cups being above the shifter, that does make way more sense 👍🏻

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The Focus is a massive compromise of a car, but in my opinion does a lot for the money. They could've added an LSD and a real intercooler, but then the price would have started to approach higher priced competitors. Both of those can be fixed, but one of the massive oversights that I notice daily is the lack of lockable storage inside the car. No locking glovebox, center armrest or rear subfloor.
[/QUOTE

Never thought of that! Good point

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,365 Posts
I never thought of the cups being above the shifter, that does make way more sense 👍🏻
If you ever had a Subaru with the pullout cupholder above the shifter, you might think different?!

When I use a really tall cup, I use it as a forearm rest. 😁

I never get sodas at a drive through, so that partially explains why I like the stock cupholders, since I never put large squishable, disposable cups in them.

21 - 40 of 148 Posts