Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh they will be expensive, no doubt about it. I would wager in the 500-650 each range. Oem wheels are usually excellent quality but insanely expensive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Oh they will be expensive, no doubt about it. I would wager in the 500-650 each range. Oem wheels are usually excellent quality but insanely expensive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah, for that price...2 of the premium wheels (if they are that price) would get you a really nice set of aftermarkets that won't break or bend unless you seriously wreck a pothole or curb.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There's some on Ebay, including one set bidding for $769 for four. Saw another set for $1200+ so there is variance in price.

·
Registered
462 Posts
As others said, OP should hunt Craigslist. Out here local to me is a set of premiums for $475 in like new condition. But there are also sets of Snowflakes up for 250$ Which is the perfect price to pick up and powdercoat :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
As others said, OP should hunt Craigslist. Out here local to me is a set of premiums for $475 in like new condition. But there are also sets of Snowflakes up for 250$ Which is the perfect price to pick up and powdercoat :)
Yeah I will probably just end up doing that instead of paying for brand new from the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a black st with red calipers and I think they woud look great but Idk if Ford Sells them and they are ridiculous prices elsewhere. Still unsure
I also have a black 2015 ST3 with these premium wheels and red calipers. I think they look amazing. Tire shine and my tinted windows, car looks sexy AF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are looking to buy the premium wheels used, I just sold mine in great condition for $300. I dont know if that is high or low, but I believe they were a $500 add on, so I figured 300 used was fair.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I think they look great, definitely better than those base snowflake jobbers...:focus-st-smilie:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
i like the premium wheels. way better than the snowflakes imo. still havent decided if im going to buy a different set of wheels, but i will probably powder coat these, maybe candy apple red, or that cool silver/yellow combo that i see around.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think they look to much like my mechanicas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
I could have gone either way when I bought my car, but I am glad it came with the premium wheels. The red brake calipers are powder coated, not painted, and as such they are holding up very well so far. I just hose them off when I wash the car.

You can buy the premium wheels used from car-part.com, which searches salvage yards to find what you need. I will probably go this route to get my matching spare wheel.
Also, there are wheel refurbishers that sell reconditioned factory wheels, a google search should turn some up.

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
My 2015 MM ST has the optional wheels with the red calipers. I really bought the package so I could get OEM painted calipers. But I never liked the snowflakes, so I was happy to have the alternate rims. I'm glad they aren't completely black. Black wheels must die.

The red calipers and the wheels look great on an MM ST, especially from a rear quarter view, where the red taillight assemblies, the red bumper reflectors, and the red calipers add a nice splash of color.

The rims look better up close than they do from a distance. Up close, you can see that the spokes have something of a tuning fork shape to them, and I really like that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I had the 13-14 Premium wheels which were the gun metal snowflakes. I sold that set for $900, still had plenty of tire left. My OEM set of wheels paid for most of my new set up, RPF1's with OEM Eagle F1's on with also plenty of tread left. Lost at least 7lbs a corner unsprung mass from those stock boat anchors...car feeling pretty damn good after that.

-Less brake wear / better brake performance
-Wider wheelbase (lower offset)
-Better acceleration / not as much power needed to move the wheels = less drivetrain loss = more power put to the ground (WHP)

I don't like any of the ST stock wheels but I'd still rock those snowflakes (but with spacers) if they didn't weigh so much.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts