Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what the consensus is on the optional wheel package. I kinda like them but I need some more opinions. Also, does anyone know if you can purchase them later after buying the car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depends on your preference. I'll probably be selling mine soon. Also there are many other that might have spares.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a black st with red calipers and I think they woud look great but Idk if Ford Sells them and they are ridiculous prices elsewhere. Still unsure

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I have a black st with red calipers and I think they woud look great but Idk if Ford Sells them and they are ridiculous prices elsewhere. Still unsure
Just buy aftermarket wheels that are what you really want style wise, also aftermarket wheels are usually lighter than OE.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just buy aftermarket wheels that are what you really want style wise, also aftermarket wheels are usually lighter than OE.
Honestly I like these more than any aftermarket wheels I have found. Anyone know if these are lighter thsn the stock?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Honestly Not a big fan of them, but for whatever reason the newer model ST look naked with the stock one. If that makes any sense

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honestly I like these more than any aftermarket wheels I have found. Anyone know if these are lighter thsn the stock?
If you really like them. Then get them. Or look around. I like them a lot. But I have other needs so im going with a wider wheel.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want the red painted brake calipers you must get the optional wheels. I love these wheels on my SB ST. Of course you could always paint the calipers any color you want later. Personally for $495, I thought this option was a good value. Especially since I am not fond of the standard gray wheels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want the red painted brake calipers you must get the optional wheels. I love these wheels on my SB ST. Of course you could always paint the calipers any color you want later. Personally for $495, I thought this option was a good value. Especially since I am not fond of the standard gray wheels.
I painted my calipers red on my 2013 St. Do you know if I can purchase the rims from Ford without purchasing the car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I painted my calipers red on my 2013 St. Do you know if I can purchase the rims from Ford without purchasing the car?
I'm afraid I don't know. I would imagine that they would be more expensive than aftermarket wheels though. I'm sure you can find something with similar looks from aftermarket mfg'r for less.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm afraid I don't know. I would imagine that they would be more expensive than aftermarket wheels though. I'm sure you can find something with similar looks from aftermarket mfg'r for less.
Alright thanks, hopefuly I can, bc I like them a lot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can get these wheels at the dealer. If I messed up one on my car I would think you could buy one at the dealer. They might be expensive though.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The premium wheels weigh about the same as the stock snowflakes, somewhere around 26 lbs. They are more expensive than similar aftermarket wheels. I agree, it's hard to find wheels that look as good as the premium set, but Enkei some options that are close.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The premium wheels weigh about the same as the stock snowflakes, somewhere around 26 lbs. They are more expensive than similar aftermarket wheels. I agree, it's hard to find wheels that look as good as the premium set, but Enkei some options that are close.
Alright thanks, I will look into them and see if I can find any, but I agree, the premium are hard to beat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will tell you what 100 a whell you pay shipping I will sell you mine with less than 1000k miles. I am in Komifornia so be warned shipping aint cheap. I want the for 5 point OEM black stars.

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
825 Posts
OEM Ford parts wheels ARE NOT PAINTED.
SO if you choose to buy the wheels new from Ford Parts, they will cost retail $700 or so each.
The cheapest one can get Ford parts, like from dealers who discount and are mentioned here..
Is about $350 each.. and they arrive with no paint.

So then you have to paint them.

The original 'snowflake' ST wheels same thing from Ford parts. no paint. BUT,
the original OEM snowflake IS available from Ford Racing, painted gloss black,
for about $200 to $225 each
eBay has OEM wheels.. typically from junk cars. So you have to watch out for bent and damaged rims.
eBay has sets and singles..

The golden place for OEM wheels is your local Craig's List.
Sets of four off the car are plentiful enough to make it worth watching your local or nearby big city
Craig's List until you find a set you want. It might take six months of watching.. be diligent!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts