Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really considering upgrading I stage 3 from Cobb or Mountune. I want to know exactly what I need, I don't want to buy extra stuff if I don't need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I'm really considering upgrading I stage 3 from Cobb or Mountune. I want to know exactly what I need, I don't want to buy extra stuff if I don't need to.

Downpipe. Intercooler. They recommend intake, but a high flow filter works fine. That's it, technically.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Intake
Intercooler w/ charge pipes
Accessport
Turbo back Exhaust

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Intake
Intercooler w/ charge pipes
Accessport
Turbo back Exhaust
He is wondering what he absolutely NEEDS, and the turboback is not needed. Just the downpipe. Charge pipes are also useless if you don't have a big turbo in the future. That saves him like $600+ not getting those 2 things. I had assumed he was getting an accessport so I didn't list it, but yeah that's pretty important lol if you don't have one OP.

·
Registered
89 Posts
He is wondering what he absolutely NEEDS, and the turboback is not needed. Just the downpipe. Charge pipes are also useless if you don't have a big turbo in the future. That saves him like $600+ not getting those 2 things. I had assumed he was getting an accessport so I didn't list it, but yeah that's pretty important lol if you don't have one OP.
It a 50/50 on the charge pipes as ive been here about alot of peoples blowing off with upgraded intercoolers

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
It a 50/50 on the charge pipes as ive been here about alot of peoples blowing off with upgraded intercoolers
Blowing them off happens on stock intercooler too, it's just because the clamps blow. Upgrade to good T clamps and use some hairspray and they won't budge :cool:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ive heard more than a few people mention that they have gotten more power out of a stock downpipe than aftermarket... Why exactly is an upgrade to the downpipe "needed" if the rest of the exhuast doesn't need to be upgrading? Only thing I lack is intercooler and downpipe myself.

·
Administrator
12,283 Posts
Ive heard more than a few people mention that they have gotten more power out of a stock downpipe than aftermarket... Why exactly is an upgrade to the downpipe "needed" if the rest of the exhuast doesn't need to be upgrading? Only thing I lack is intercooler and downpipe myself.
Huh? I have never heard this, with all my time on this platform.

The stock DP is one of the most restrictive exhaust pieces I have ever seen. Have you actually seen it? It's disgusting.

PM me for more info STraightNasty

Thread locked, OP has been answered. I wish OP would have google searched, but they didn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.