Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#29,685 · (Edited)
Wow I haven't been on in a few years and this forum really became a ghost town :( Guess that happens when they stop making these cars in the US. Anyhoo.. I'm about to hit 100k miles and thought I'd stop in to see whats going on. The other day I started loosing boost and getting more knocks then usual so I checked some things out. Turns out, bad batch of Shell gas. With that said, I noticed my Stratified tune was 2 versions back so I decided to update my tune. What I did to my ST today was install the new tune and do a few data logs for a refinement. Everything's running great still and she's pulling as hard as ever. Also updated my Showcase for the first time in years...

While I'm at it, anyone have the Stratified Extreme Crackles Tune? Very curious how obnoxious I can get driving through town with that lol. Have a great day everyone! Aloha! Oh yah, I also put a deposit down on a new 21 Black Ranger Tremor Lariat. Arrives on Island early next month. Might be the first in Hawaii with one...So excited!

#29,687 ·
Wow I haven't been on in a few years and this forum really became a ghost town :( Guess that happens when they stop making these cars in the US. Anyhoo.. I'm about to hit 100k miles and thought I'd stop in to see whats going on. The other day I started loosing boost and getting more knocks then usual so I checked some things out. Turns out, bad batch of Shell gas. With that said, I noticed my Stratified tune was 2 versions back so I decided to update my tune. What I did to my ST today was install the new tune and do a few data logs for a refinement. Everything's running great still and she's pulling as hard as ever. Also updated my Showcase for the first time in years...

While I'm at it, anyone have the Stratified Extreme Crackles Tune? Very curious how obnoxious I can get driving through town with that lol. Have a great day everyone! Aloha! Oh yah, I also put a deposit down on a new 21 Black Ranger Tremor Lariat. Arrives on Island early next month. Might be the first in Hawaii with one...So excited! View attachment 390319
I just installed there crackles tune. I went with progressive. It just makes me giggle. It isn't obnoxious at all. That being said I will not run it daily. I go to work at 5am and I don't want my neighbors hating me as i coast down the hill in the neighborhood in third.

#29,688 · (Edited)
I just installed there crackles tune. I went with progressive. It just makes me giggle. It isn't obnoxious at all. That being said I will not run it daily. I go to work at 5am and I don't want my neighbors hating me as i coast down the hill in the neighborhood in third.
Haha same. Leave at 530ish. Just flash the EC(Extreme Crackles. Im a start that **** lol) when its fun time. Wasn't sure if you are aware but there is a Crackle to rule them all called Extreme Crackle/Pop. If you look on the most popular section you can find it. Are you running 3" exhaust? I'm running 2.5 so its definitely more mellow as far as crackles go compared to 3". Been running the Loud tune for a few years and its just right. My buddy has a 3" and it does sound like the loud on mine when hes running the progressive on his. Thanks for the opinion🤙

#29,689 ·
I have full 3 inch exhaust. I gotta do some research and see how they even make it crackle like that.
My kids asked me what part I added to my exhaust? Gotta love magic.

Reactions: 808Sponger
#29,691 ·
Just install it, roll the dice.

;)
I work 12 hour shifts, and then this is my daily, I will need a base map plus datalogging etc.
I wanna make sure it goes smooth. You know first hand what happened last time lol

#29,693 ·
Little vibrant to quiet things down. Ill update later after i go on a drive.
Let me know how it works. I have the same exhaust. I don't really notice to be crazy loud....was definitely quieter with the factory downpipe though.

#29,695 ·
Daughters ST had a clunk from passenger side when you would accelerate. Took light and Rad expansion tank off. Low and behold 3 bolts loose on the engine mount. All fixed.
She took me for a drive and the clunk was gone.

#29,697 ·
Steeda clutch spring. Much nicer.
Trying to teach her how to drive stick so anything helps for a beginner.
View attachment 390336

You better tell her to take those rings off!!! Before they damage the shifter. I cringe every time I see my buddies because his rings mauled it.

#29,698 ·
I swapped out my HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) for the used one off one of the blown motors laying around in the garage. Stock one lasted 137k. Guess that's pretty good.

#29,700 ·
I blew up the trans, lol

DCTF trails ftl.
Ugh... Sorry to hear that :( Autocross day?

I had 5th gear explode into 3 pieces in my old subaru. Right next to a rest stop 45 miles from home on a 19hour drive from Phoenix... Yeah, she'll be down for a minute.

Any plans for rebuild? *19 minutes after it happens, lol

Reactions: 808Sponger