Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#28,801 ·
I agree. They still need to trim a section that is kinda in the badge area but overall it is a closer cut.
This is supposed to be the same kit so my main issue is that the original stripes (first pic)
Have a taper from 9.5in at the top down to somewhere around 8in at the bottom. The new stripes are straight all the way down.
I am trying to see if anyone notices or what your preferences are between the two.
I like that the new stripes are uniform.

Reactions: TurboGT and Skykri
#28,802 ·
Installed led projector bulbs into the fogs today. Also installed leds into the high beams (didn't notice much improvement) as well as the turn signals (need resistors). I've read that it's not recommended to put leds in the cornering lights, but I'm determined to find a pair that work as well, if not, better than factory bulbs. First pair I've tried were no good.

#28,804 ·
Installed led projector bulbs into the fogs today. Also installed leds into the high beams (didn't notice much improvement) as well as the turn signals (need resistors). I've read that it's not recommended to put leds in the cornering lights, but I'm determined to find a pair that work as well, if not, better than factory bulbs. First pair I've tried were no good.
this is clean!! WOW!

#28,805 ·
I agree. They still need to trim a section that is kinda in the badge area but overall it is a closer cut.
This is supposed to be the same kit so my main issue is that the original stripes (first pic)
Have a taper from 9.5in at the top down to somewhere around 8in at the bottom. The new stripes are straight all the way down.
I am trying to see if anyone notices or what your preferences are between the two.
It was hard to notice the taper in photos on a phone.
Overall, I like the stripes after better, especially no yellow around the Ford oval.

Which is strange, because by the description it sounds like a good idea to have the stripes taper some like the hood lines do, but I actually like it better without taper looking at photos.

#28,806 ·

View attachment 386771

View attachment 386772
The body shop misaligned one of my bulbs by less than 1/8in. My cornering lamp is now in the trees. Haha. The diodes will have to be in the exact position of the filament or I fear you will have the same issue.
Yellow Automotive lighting Amber

And damn. Your ST is CLEAN. Nice looking car!

#28,807 ·

View attachment 386771

View attachment 386772
I whipped some leds into my turning lamps. Had to trim the bulbs, work great though.

Check my build thread, in my sig. It took some trimming.

Reactions: W4R
#28,808 ·
this is clean!! WOW!
The body shop misaligned one of my bulbs by less than 1/8in. My cornering lamp is now in the trees. Haha. The diodes will have to be in the exact position of the filament or I fear you will have the same issue.
View attachment 386781
And damn. Your ST is CLEAN. Nice looking car!
Thanks, guys! I recently got a new front bumper cover thanks to an inattentive driver who backed into me.

I whipped some leds into my turning lamps. Had to trim the bulbs, work great though.

Check my build thread, in my sig. It took some trimming.
The bulbs fit fine so I'm thinking it's the type of bulb I used. I'll check tomorrow if it's the alignment and if it's not, I'm gonna order a pair that is completely covered with diodes.

#28,809 ·
Took my OEM Snowflakes to the powder coaters Friday. They actually have a powder coat that matches the OEM color on my wheels. 😊

Reactions: StanE and TurboGT
#28,810 ·
Thanks, guys! I recently got a new front bumper cover thanks to an inattentive driver who backed into me.

The bulbs fit fine so I'm thinking it's the type of bulb I used. I'll check tomorrow if it's the alignment and if it's not, I'm gonna order a pair that is completely covered with diodes.
Yes, iirc mine had a uniform full coverage, including the end, of LEDs. VLEDS ftw!!

Reactions: LightFury
#28,812 ·
I'm certainly enjoying the new thicker paint on my bumper cover after an old guy scraped mine trying to navigate between gas pumps. No more chips!

Reactions: LightFury
#28,813 ·
Stubby!
Windscreen wiper Windshield Sunlight Wire Wool

Cravenspeed stubby. Doesn't rub on the spoiler lift now. Nice.
Automotive design Yellow Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car

Also +5 HP. Lol
Never saw myself as a sticker person but here we are....

Reactions: Coolpool
#28,814 ·
#28,815 ·
#28,818 ·
I misread this topic as "what did you do to your wife's Chevy today?"

Zzp intercooler/piping kit
Good lord. That (I'm assuming) OEM unit is tiny!
Looks like a needed upgrade.