Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  Smokin' Joe 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#26,821 ·
#26,822 · (Edited)
Those are awesome. Where'd you get them?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I got a good deal on them from CEUK (#Enhanced Illuminated Door Sill Protectors - Ford Performance Edition). My car came with the original illuminated door sills (I'm in the EU), but one side failed for the second time, and they don't fall under my extended warrenty. The original ones cost 140 euro (for 1 side), so I decided to change it up with these and see how they hold up.

#26,823 · (Edited)
Hey, what did you use to get the red foot well lighting? Did you just tint the cover of the light?
Heya! They actually came with the door sills! Although my original foot well light was already red (my door handle lights / interior light is also red from factory), these ones are much brighter (I think the original one is a single smd). You actually use the existing foot well light to power the door sills with this kit. Basically what you do is disconnect the foot well light, connect the cable from the original foot well light to the provided splitter, one end connects to the 36smd LED (you get 1 for each side in red, blue or white), and the other one is a connector that the illuminated door sill plugs in to. The 36smd LED has some 3m tape on the back, so you can stick it wherever you want. Installation only took about 15 minutes, and is extremely easy to do.

#26,829 ·
Doesn't a '16 ST1 have ambient lighting?
No, they don't. And more specifically, the ST1 doesn't have a standard led bulb in the footwell... it has this weird connector:

And as you can see there, it's "ICE BLUE" in color which I kinda hate. I wanted to switch it to a more natural white light but once I figured out that it's not a normal bulb, I was stumped as to how to switch it.

#26,830 ·
No, they don't. And more specifically, the ST1 doesn't have a standard led bulb in the footwell... it has this weird connector:
snip
And as you can see there, it's "ICE BLUE" in color which I kinda hate. I wanted to switch it to a more natural white light but once I figured out that it's not a normal bulb, I was stumped as to how to switch it.
It almost looks like you could wire up an LED to those two pins sticking off the back end of that board there, if they're a positive and negative set. Anyone want to run an experiment? ?

#26,831 ·
Installed a tablet mount from Arkon. One metric nut wasn't supplied (sigh), but not worth the hassle to have them make it right as it was only 65 cents at the hardware store. The tablet is used for SoloStorm. I used a headrest mount all last season with the idea that the table could record video from between the seats, but the ST1 seats jiggle too much during autox.

#26,835 ·
Did you have the rs logo filled or did the wing come like this?

#26,839 ·
Washed two sets of wheels this afternoon. My back was so tired afterwards that I forgot to take pics. Still have one more set to wash.

#26,840 ·
Washed two sets of wheels this afternoon. My back was so tired afterwards that I forgot to take pics. Still have one more set to wash.
The third set of wheels are clean now and this time I got a pic!