Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  jordysalsa 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#26,583 ·
Installed my Mbrp exhaust and depo down pipe, red mud flaps this weekend going on.

And my freektune accessport is in the mail. I cannot wait

#26,585 ·
#26,586 ·
I finally got around to getting an AP for the car after doing a full high flow intake install a year ago. OTS Cobb Stage 1 is pretty different from stock. Lots more torque steer to contend with. Also looking for a day to install the FMIC. It doesn't help that I just moved to NC and don't know anybody yet. Anyone else in NC feel free to hit me up.

#26,589 ·
Swapped out my TB Performance camber arms and JBR toe arms for Hardrace units last night. The noise from the heim joints was driving me crazy so I needed something with rubber or poly bushings. The Hardrace arms are nice quality, the toe arms in particular seem very well built (overbuilt, in fact) and the finish is almost too pretty to hide underneath the car. The camber arms are the same design as SPC (probably made in the same factory) so no concerns there.

I'm actually a little surprised that Hardrace seems to be relatively unknown, at least in our community. I remember them being popular for bushings with the Honda crowd, and it appears that they have a pretty comprehensive catalog of alignment and chassis products for the Focus as well.

#26,591 ·
Replaced the garbage stock lugnuts. 28k miles on the car and those lugnuts have only ever been removed by me and have never seen an impact gun... and they were still beginning to fail. Terrible design.

Went with some black Gorilla 1 piece nuts which went on perfectly. I kind of like the different look too.

#26,594 ·
Just purchased my 2017 ST2 with 30k miles. Did the oil change with Mobil 1.

Attempted to rotate the tires when I found 2 rounded off lugs. I purchased some black gorilla lugs and I am wating for those to arrive. I will most likely take it into a tire shop to have them take off the lugs unless anyone else has a trick to getting them off?

#26,596 ·
Just purchased my 2017 ST2 with 30k miles. Did the oil change with Mobil 1.

Attempted to rotate the tires when I found 2 rounded off lugs. I purchased some black gorilla lugs and I am wating for those to arrive. I will most likely take it into a tire shop to have them take off the lugs unless anyone else has a trick to getting them off?
The caps that round off can be removed by using a small chisel or screwdriver and hammer to pierce the center. The solid part of the lug nut underneath is hollow in the middle. After piercing the cover, use a pair of ***** to twist it off. It will take a little work to remove it. An 18mm socket will then fit.

Reactions: Js19craz
#26,597 · (Edited)
I installed a symposer delete and shifter cable end bushings. I have the Thermal R&D exhaust and prefer the reduced sound without the symposer. And the shifter really feels better with the rigid bushings. Really easy to install too.

#26,598 ·
Replaced the garbage stock lugnuts. 28k miles on the car and those lugnuts have only ever been removed by me and have never seen an impact gun... and they were still beginning to fail. Terrible design.

Went with some black Gorilla 1 piece nuts which went on perfectly. I kind of like the different look too.

View attachment 375489
Nice. I’m doing the same thing. Just went to rotate my tires yesterday and found two rounded off lugs. Garbage. Purchased a gorilla set in black.

#26,599 ·
Installed the Steeda clutch spring today (555-7028). Thanks to summit racing it arrived very quick. I purchased the green air filter (7159) that came with a free cleaning kit and Steeda short shift kit (555-7242) all from summit. Free shipping on over $100 and a free green cleaning kit. Pretty cool.

Found the clutch spring was a bit more difficult to install. Don’t do it at night wait for daylight!!!! :). When I removed the spring one of the tabs broke. Pretty cheap design. The shaft didn’t break so I was able to still use it without buying a new perch. Installing it was a bit more difficult due to the perch tab being broken off. I finally got it on there. Clutch feels super smooth. Haven’t driven it yet but I’m excited to see how it reacts tomorrow.