Ford Focus ST Forum banner
34061 - 34080 of 34122 Posts

· Registered
4,366 Posts
I just checked the rear rotors I have waiting to go on the car this spring, no bolt holes.
well then i guess you get to go all captain caveman on it!

Reactions: sttwoton

· Registered
118 Posts
@MapST that sounds a whole lot like a narc program to me. **** all that.
I’m telling you man they’re on to me!!
Lol!

Seriously though who would let ford borrow their ST to be used for three weeks of research? They’re looking for a low mile and unmodified ST in the Detroit area. That’s a tall order for 200 bucks and a detailing.

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
I’m telling you man they’re on to me!!
Lol!

Seriously though who would let ford borrow their ST to be used for three weeks of research? They’re looking for a low mile and unmodified ST in the Detroit area. That’s a tall order for 200 bucks and a detailing.
Ford doesn't just do check-ups because they feel like it. Especially when they specify testing emissions equipment. Maybe they're being forced to do so by an ever over-reaching EPA?

Why would ford care to check up on a car they don't even make anymore unless they're forced to? And why, of all subsidiaries, would they choose to do it through Roush?

I heard of an instance back in the day. Someone had one of the first million mile modern Econoline vans. Contacted ford. They did actually come out to see it. But the only thing they cared about was the paint. Which I find bizarre.

Point being, the whole thing has a stench to it.

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,706 Posts
Anyone else get one of these gems? View attachment 413565

More like, what I’m not doing to my focus today lmao!!!
Wonder what govt program that's part of? I really wanna know. 🤔

Wonder how many Foci they'll LSPI?!😳

Probably justification for more EVs, tailpipe testing, increasing taxes as car ages, etc.

I sure wouldn't buy anything with the Roush name on it until more comes out about this.

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,706 Posts
The BFH, well smallish brass hammer, works for me on the ST.
The focus has enough spacing to hit directly between the studs with the hammer.

Brass bar and bigger hammers for 6 stud cars or trucks.

And earplugs of course.

Always worked well for me, but not much salt gets used here.

And the bolt holes in rotors or drums are just a joke. I tried using them a few times in my 20s, but I decided it was a waste of time.

I wouldn't use a large puller if you intend to turn and reuse them.

I usually turn once if corrosion isn't bad, they were working well, and relatively large difference in $ between turning and new part.

· Registered
3,706 Posts
When reinstalling the rotors use a very thin coat of brake pad grease or anti-seize between the rotor and the hub. Next time, it won’t be that hard to remove.
That's what I do, a thin smear of hi temp brake grease, after first wire brushing. It comes off a lot easier the next time.

· Registered
195 Posts
Ford doesn't just do check-ups because they feel like it. Especially when they specify testing emissions equipment. Maybe they're being forced to do so by an ever over-reaching EPA?

Why would ford care to check up on a car they don't even make anymore unless they're forced to? And why, of all subsidiaries, would they choose to do it through Roush?

I heard of an instance back in the day. Someone had one of the first million mile modern Econoline vans. Contacted ford. They did actually come out to see it. But the only thing they cared about was the paint. Which I find bizarre.

Point being, the whole thing has a stench to it.
Maybe they will be forced to fix their bullshit fix with the garbage purge valve/evap system. Seems sketchy as hell that they have Roush doing this work.

· Registered
3,743 Posts
This was yesterday but forgot to post it: refilled E30 for the first time (this isn’t the point) and the gentleman on the other side of the pump defiantly heard me (rattled the nozzle to get every drop of E85) when I finished with the E85 & paid, then when I started pump again (93) he gave me a real quizzical look lol.

Does this happen to others frequently?
Pay the pump was broken for me, so I took a minute to do the math for what my fill up of e85/93 would cost. Go inside and say x amount $$ for my pump. I go pump, finish with the e85 and go to use 93...nothing. Had to go back in and the clerk immediately said rest was put back on the card and I had to say I still needed x amount for my pump.

They were really confused, I tried explaining I mix e85 and 93 but they were lost like it was a foreign language 🤣

· Registered
3,706 Posts
Pay the pump was broken for me, so I took a minute to do the math for what my fill up of e85/93 would cost. Go inside and say x amount $$ for my pump. I go pump, finish with the e85 and go to use 93...nothing. Had to go back in and the clerk immediately said rest was put back on the card and I had to say I still needed x amount for my pump.

They were really confused, I tried explaining I mix e85 and 93 but they were lost like it was a foreign language 🤣
I asked them if they knew exactly when the E85 mix started changing, no luck on that either.

It's supposed to be 70, 75, or 82, or somewhere in that range depending on the seasonal schedule etc.

· Registered
3,743 Posts
I asked them if they knew exactly when the E85 mix started changing, no luck on that either.

It's supposed to be 70, 75, or 82, or somewhere in that range depending on the seasonal schedule etc.
Yeah, I've gotten lucky where I rarely end up +/- a few percent. I will keep a 5gal jug in my garage and top up when I end up more than a few under or to top up if I fill up at a no e85 station. Happy to have a content gauge tho.

34061 - 34080 of 34122 Posts