Ford Focus ST Forum banner
34021 - 34040 of 34122 Posts

· Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,226 Posts
The other day installed a new sub amp. Last night ran the cable for the knob. Not sure I am set on this location yet but we'll get some play time on this location and go from there.

View attachment 413224 View attachment 413225 View attachment 413226

With more play time on the chassis braces and caliper bushings, there is a very noticeable difference.
When braking, the brakes are a lot more 'grabby', easier to stop.
The front end seems a lot more 'square', the car seems more flat in corners.
yup a simple mod of upgrading brake bushings make a big difference in the squishyness and grab of the brakes.

Reactions: MtnMan

· Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
9,373 Posts
@Jamers99 make sure you take that clutch line restrictor off! It has been the source of numerous problems for people including myself.

It was an afterthought mid 2013, so the nice thing is you just remove it then plug the braided line directly into the steel line.

It's the piece I have highlighted in red.

Electrical wiring Auto part Motor vehicle Wire Cable

· Registered
1,799 Posts

· Registered
2,558 Posts
Did anyone else stretch the factory rubber isolator thing and put it on their new clutch line?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Automotive wheel system

Reactions: Duece McCracken

· Super Moderator
13,021 Posts
What is the purpose and function of the restrictor?
Early on the ST was known to over power the lower engine/transmission mount which would flex so much the body of the mount would bang against the chassis of the car. It was quite disturbing, and scared the crap out of me the first time I experienced it. Ford added the restrictor so that the clutch would engage slower to try and stop the bang on hard shifts.

· Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,706 Posts

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Reactions: TurboGT

· Registered
384 Posts
Ok. So I'm also gonna install the steeda clutch line. Are these the 2 restrictors. Or is it just one? Do I remove the one before the clutch line? Or the one after the clutch line and just before the bleeder valve?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Remove both of them. It will save you from a massive headache later.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
34021 - 34040 of 34122 Posts