Ford Focus ST Forum banner
33801 - 33820 of 33863 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Also did truck stuff with it.

View attachment 411507
Don't tempt me.... I was ready to pull my passenger seat out to stick a FiST motor in there and a FoST motor in the back today if parts for the truck hadn't have got here in time.....

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well, I was gonna get some professional photos done with the fall colors this year but the timing didn't work out. Here's some of my attempts with potatoe quality phone pics. Probably gonna post the rest in my neglected build thread. Idk.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Battery died. Luckily have the little lithium jumper thing from a Black Friday sale last year or I'd have been late to work.
Got an Interstate from Costco, did the BMS reset (manually by flashing highbeams and pressing the brake pedal), did a full warm up for ECU learning and called it a day. Gonna have to get that OAR back up another day.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Got ready for Winter storage. Changed the oil, then started with the rodent proofing: left the undertray off, remover underhood insulation, sprayed the ground in my garage-in-a-box with peppermint oil, peppermint pouches under-hood and on top of each tire, dryer sheets in the interior, Stabil 360 in the tank and copper wool in the tail pipes. I also have a couple of ultrasonic pest repellers that I use in there year-round. Plugged-in the Battery Tender, pulled my iPod, Valentine1 and AccessPort, a quick wipe-down, then put the car cover on. It was 30-degrees and pretty windy today, so it was pretty miserable to be working outside, but the Punk is now in hibernation until April.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Took a drive a little bit south. Traded my MBRP exhaust for a borla.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

On the way back took a little cruise down BOTD.
Buddy of mine sold his focus, bought a WRX and it blew up almost instantly after he bought it. He'd never been so I let him ride along.
Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mountain

Sky Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Installed rear end-links from my crashed ST (TB Performance rears). Surprisingly they mount to the Massive rear end-links bracket thing pretty well. I mean the big ass bolt that has a 90° angle for the endlink to connect to. Still waiting for the replacement part from Massive, and I'm running out of rags to cover the one side of the rear anti-sway bar with (it's contacting something and tearing them up after a couple days, but the bar is still undamaged).

Also had to readjust the springs and tighten the top hats for the rear coils. Guess they didn't settle enough after the initial install and 'settling' drive around before I tightened them a 2nd time. The bolts mate up into the trunk with the Steeda rear strut-tower brace, so maybe I got the tightening order incorrect the 1st time around.

Everything is nice and tight, and nothing broke! Wheee =-D

Also, have been using a freshly installed set of @1tuffz Jack Rail Kit. Big thanks to @ryno9100 for hooking up the unobtanium that was a group buy... I really missed them!

Time for a drink =-D

·
Registered
2013 FOCUS ST
195 Posts
I drove mine. In fact, been back driving for 2 weeks now. The seats and suspension are not made for driving any distance when you are a bit broken. The gear shift (with short shift) is a joy, I can shift by "wrist action" and leave my buggered arm in a neutral position...

Hopefully soon I will be mended enough to actually wash it, it is filthy!!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
I drove mine. In fact, been back driving for 2 weeks now. The seats and suspension are not made for driving any distance when you are a bit broken. The gear shift (with short shift) is a joy, I can shift by "wrist action" and leave my buggered arm in a neutral position...

Hopefully soon I will be mended enough to actually wash it, it is filthy!!
Great to hear you are back in the saddle! Being old and busted sucks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Got my TB torque gusset waiting to go on. I may have to wait until the Christmas break so it's just sitting in my garage, mocking me along with the LiquiMoly DCT fluid for my trans.
Had a Ram 1500 get all butt hurt by the fact I was in the left lane as he merged in on the right and accelerated to stay in front of me rather than pull in behind me on the otherwise empty two lane road. Apparently he wanted to get into the left lane to get a coffee at the Tim's 2 km downstream, and every time I sped up a bit to go by him, he matched speed to stay on my front 1/4 panel. Fine. Drop to third, punch it and he's an afterthought in my rear view. That was how my day started.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,454 Posts
Got my TB torque gusset waiting to go on. I may have to wait until the Christmas break so it's just sitting in my garage, mocking me along with the LiquiMoly DCT fluid for my trans.
Had a Ram 1500 get all butt hurt by the fact I was in the left lane as he merged in on the right and accelerated to stay in front of me rather than pull in behind me on the otherwise empty two lane road. Apparently he wanted to get into the left lane to get a coffee at the Tim's 2 km downstream, and every time I sped up a bit to go by him, he matched speed to stay on my front 1/4 panel. Fine. Drop to third, punch it and he's an afterthought in my rear view. That was how my day started.
You'll want a large box end wrench to get over the rear vertical bolt's nut, and you have to basically come at it from straight towards the side of the car. It's a 21 mm, and you'll need a 12 point box end, for sure, to get on it. Just feel for the nut with your fingers as loosen up the bolt and you'll feel it spinning. Taking it loose is easy, though... You may want to leave the nut in the slot unless you're going to replace it.

The horizonal bolt is a bit more of a challenge to get it torqued correctly. What I've found that works well is to torque it to the 1st value (110 ft-lbs, which is easy to do with it on ramps) and then mark a line on the head of the bolt at either straight up, 3:00, straight down, or 9:00. At that point, get out your impact wrench and hit the bolt with it until you get the bolt head moved 90 degrees. Odds are the next time you take the bolt off you won't get it at exactly the same orientation when you get to 110 ft-lbs upon retightening, but at least you'll still have a mark you can go 90 degrees from.

I've had mine on and off probably 6 to 8 times now and I replace the horizontal bolts as well as the vertical nuts and bolts every couple times I do it.

Reactions: Coolpool
33801 - 33820 of 33863 Posts