Ford Focus ST Forum banner
33761 - 33780 of 33863 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,454 Posts
Buddy at work with a laser engraver did this to the top of my hybrid shift knob. I think it looks pretty good.

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
I miss my F-150, but surprising that I got two and a half to fit! Forgot to bring may sawzall
Fire pit season!

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I miss my F-150, but surprising that I got two and a half to fit! Forgot to bring may sawzall
Fire pit season!

View attachment 411211
Lol I went a train ride this past weekend and drove past a pallet site. All I could think of is how well it would burn 😂. Ive been to a few parties I mean went camping, where we've had pallets to burn, the amount of heat those suckers can put off is great.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
That’s a lot of pallets! I only burn the ones marked HT for heat treated. And yes, they burn great!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Lol I went a train ride this past weekend and drove past a pallet site. All I could think of is how well it would burn 😂. Ive been to a few parties I mean went camping, where we've had pallets to burn, the amount of heat those suckers can put off is great.

One season while I was a younger version of myself working as a snowboard coach in the Sierra Nevadas, somehow the ski-resort had collected almost every flippin' old Christmas tree in the town! There were 3 giant piles (I mean, 2 story type of giant!), and it was an employee party mid-mountain long after the sun had set. The heat from one of those bonfires would easily melt your expensive snow jacket if you got to close (yep, people did it and it was pretty humorous), or even change a snowball by the time it passed through it. Good times =-D

On Topic: Couldn't make my alignment appointment with the new coilovers due to the rears not getting set yet. Massive Speed was awesome about the broken rear endlink and he said he'd send me the part FO FREE! I very clearly told him it was on me and asked how much... Well, I'll take it and be very grateful. It's basically half an endlink since you can unscrew either ball-link parts from the main body.

Got some lowering done and haven't done much with the dampening yet, since I can't really tell what the rear will do until the rear anti-swaybar is connected. Drives like a dream on highway, but the accentuated nose-dives or boot scoots (braking or accelerating) are pretty rally car type accentuated. I like it, but I want less of it, haha. Lots of room to play with them still.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
1,599 Posts
Today I checked out the used xenon headlights I got for £100, spares or repairs, the right one worked perfectly, all the lights worked, the xenon, the high beam, indicator, the drl led’s, and the cornering light, on the left light, the xenon bulb was blown, so I swapped to the one from the other light and it still didn’t work, so I swapped the ballast, then it worked, but the levelling motor didn’t seem to operate, what my plan is eventually, will be to break them apart, paint the chrome shrouds tangerine, maybe add some small ST badges, the rebuild with new lenses and hopefully get the levelling motor working.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Finally got around to swapping in the mishimoto coolant tank. Pretty quick and easy... Did it purely for aesthetics, stock one never fit right with my motor mount and wasn't a fan of the clear plastic always looking dirty
Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

I sort of want to black out the hood release and don't want to pay for a fancy metal one...wonder if paint would stick if roughed up and plastic primed first

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
1,372 Posts
Finally got around to swapping in the mishimoto coolant tank. Pretty quick and easy... Did it purely for aesthetics, stock one never fit right with my motor mount and wasn't a fan of the clear plastic always looking dirty
View attachment 411440

I sort of want to black out the hood release and don't want to pay for a fancy metal one...wonder if paint would stick if roughed up and plastic primed first
Look at these.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Shadow Black, E30, MonsterFMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' ShiftBushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
3,398 Posts
View attachment 411440

I used Krylon Fusion to paint over silver interior plastic on a 2003 Subaru and it held up well for a number of years.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Replaced the battery and figured that I’d top off the coolant while I was in there. Well…. the coolant reservoir cap broke! I tried to get the stuck part out with some needle nose pliers jaws turning against the ribs, but the ribs just snapped off. The stuck part hasn’t budged a bit. Anyone had this wonderful experience before?

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
looks cross threaded, not that that helps at the moment...damn man, that sucks.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
1,085 Posts
Possibly try tightening and then loosening again, it may realign the threads

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,901 Posts
@Skywalker15 you should be able to get a 2nd set of pliers and gently work the center section out. Don't pull hard though, you'll end up slipping off it and stabbing yourself with pliers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
@Skywalker15 you should be able to get a 2nd set of pliers and gently work the center section out. Don't pull hard though, you'll end up slipping off it and stabbing yourself with pliers.
I was just trying to pry around the circumference with a couple of screwdrivers. It’ll give a bit but return to where it was.

I did find a video where they basically dissected what was left in the neck and rigged up a puller to get the outer ring with the o-ring out. Apparently it is about 4-5 pieces.

33761 - 33780 of 33863 Posts