Ford Focus ST Forum banner
33441 - 33460 of 33513 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
That's a good-looking lip, but you know it's not legal for STH class, right?
Yeah.... my SMF FoST buddy told me that this past weekend. My plan in the future was just to unbolt it when I swap tires/wheels for events.

Reactions: gemery

·
Registered
227 Posts
This corner has always been bugging me. I sent a pic to the guy that worked my hood wrap in a jiffy he sent me the corner #. When I brought it home on the other hand I lost that damn thing a month ago, and again last weekend.
Lil man and I got it done in a light rain shower.:LOL:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
8,334 Posts
@GuitarST make sure you have a Junits elbow made before you install the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,251 Posts

Definitely second this suggestion..

Also, what are you running for a downpipe and who are you planning to tune with? FWIW, Brian at JST did a nice job on my 2867 gen2 tuning.

·
Registered
2015 ST1 e30 FBO
69 Posts

Was the plan! Can't have a cracked head :)

·
Registered
2015 ST1 e30 FBO
69 Posts
Definitely second this suggestion..

Also, what are you running for a downpipe and who are you planning to tune with? FWIW, Brian at JST did a nice job on my 2867 gen2 tuning.
Currently tuned with Panda, and my car is pretty happy with them. That being said, I hate having to switch tunes to change fuel and it is running 24psi peak on stock turbo so I am thinking I might switch for the 2867R. Currently running a Whoosh catless as well

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
My car has much better drivability with the 2867 compared to the stock turbo. It's a much more linear powerband vs the "tons of torque down low and then falls off a cliff" power curve of the stock turbo.

When you say "hate having to switch tunes to change fuel"..... are you not able to just switch between maps with the cruise control buttons?

·
Registered
2015 ST1 e30 FBO
69 Posts
My car has much better drivability with the 2867 compared to the stock turbo. It's a much more linear powerband vs the "tons of torque down low and then falls off a cliff" power curve of the stock turbo.

When you say "hate having to switch tunes to change fuel"..... are you not able to just switch between maps with the cruise control buttons?
Nope, Panda sends you 2 separate tune files for E30 and 91 or 93. Map switching is like this:
1. Normal map (regular boost for your car)
2. Launch control enabled on previous map
3. Low boost (6psi)

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
Nope, Panda sends you 2 separate tune files for E30 and 91 or 93. Map switching is like this:
1. Normal map (regular boost for your car)
2. Launch control enabled on previous map
3. Low boost (6psi)
That's interesting.

My slots are 14 psi with less timing, the 91 map without wmi, and then the 91 slot with wmi. I asked Brian to set mine so that wherever the car gets flashed it's at the safest tune on slot 1. I don't worry about launch control on the car, so I don't need a slot for that....

Of course, there have been a few times I drove almost all the way to work on the slow slot and didn't realize it until I went to pass somebody. Oops.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Changed out Alpine 8in sub for a 10in JL. Worked on both car and bike. Probably just sell the Alpine.
Ahh I see we have the same interests!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Shade Tent

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
Not today but last nite finally got a chance to wring out 4th gear and break the 100mph mark. Pretty fun but probably not going to be a habit
Are you on the stock turbo or a larger unit? It takes a while to get to 100 with the stock turbo since it runs out of breath on top-end, but with a big turbo, it can get there right-freakin'-now and without much effort at all.

Congrats on cresting the 100 mph mark, but be careful... Not sure about where you live, but if you got caught here doing that it would be "Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.". ;)

Reactions: MtnMan and gemery

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Cleaned the interior, vacuum, leather cleaner, rubber seals treated, and interior glass wiped down. Swapped out for my winter mats as well. One more month on the A/S then it'll be time to swap for the winters....😢 I'll probably swap out the trans fluid for the LiquiMoly I ordered in the Spring and give that a whirl.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST2
1,178 Posts
Did a rear stress bar, front strut brace, and adjusted the rear sway bar. Need to powder coat that strut brace.
Which ones are those? in the front and back

add some pics of the AMP wiring, is it screwed on there? with the mount? 👀

33441 - 33460 of 33513 Posts