Ford Focus ST Forum banner
32801 - 32820 of 32881 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yesterday the JBR cold side charge pipe went in with a Tial Q BOV. The BOV is plumbed to the symposer delete plate. The double-thick wall silicone vacuum line is holding up. The install went smoothly. After removing a right side radiator/intercooler bolt and loosening the other bolt I could push the intercooler forward an inch or two with my knee so I had both hands to get the pipe in place without any scratches. I went off-script and connected the silicone elbow to the intercooler first, and then shoved the pipe into both couplers at the same time.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Purple
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Purple

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
Yesterday the JBR cold side charge pipe went in with a Tial Q BOV. The BOV is plumbed to the symposer delete plate. The double-thick wall silicone vacuum line is holding up. The install went smoothly. After removing a right side radiator/intercooler bolt and loosening the other bolt I could push the intercooler forward an inch or two with my knee so I had both hands to get the pipe in place without any scratches. I went off-script and connected the silicone elbow to the intercooler first, and then shoved the pipe into both couplers at the same time. View attachment 405664 View attachment 405664
False knock off the oil pan, inbound!!!

That is tight!!!

Looking great though

·
Super Moderator
11,762 Posts
It’s tight but the shadow makes it look closer than it really is. There’s about 3/8” between the top of banjo bolt and the pan. I do plan to keep an eye on it but for now, if I hear a knock, I just won’t worry about it 😉
As long as your knock sensors are good with that you'll be golden.:giggle:

·
Registered
2017 ST3-Stroked and Cornfed
39 Posts
Pulled the most I could off the front of the motor today in that 107 real feel Texas heat.
Gonna try to drop the trans tomorrow to make it a tad easier to pull turbo/exhaust off. The real answers to the slight failure come when this thing is fully out of there.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@EBC Brakes Yellowstuff pads front and rear. New front rotors, flushed the system too.
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Tire Auto part

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle brake Locking hubs

Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs Rim

Yellow pads clash with the red pretty hard but I kind of dig it. It'll all be covered by road dirt and dust shortly though.
Gon a get their reccomend mileage and break in stops done this week before the AutoX on Sat/Sun.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got tired of the dirty chrome exhaust tips on my catback. Not a big chrome fan anyway so I sanded/cleaned them and sprayed them with Rust-oleum high temp ceramic coating.

Sleeve Grey Font Fashion accessory Glove

Drinkware Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Drink

They were a little darker before curing them.
Fluid Gas Canteen Electric blue Cylinder

Turned more of a gray color after curing but still happy with the results.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Vendor
262 Posts
And replacement belly pan, two in one 😂

Is there any benefit (from your racing perspective) to having something similar in the rear subframe to cover up all the open space between the bumper?
I'm actually working on a rear diffuser today. It'll be pretty basic for now, since I won't have time to add fins. Just a flat bottom raking up from the rear subframe to the bottom of the rear crashbar. It will be aluminum for now.

It should help a little with rear downforce, and reduce drag.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,031 Posts
I'm actually working on a rear diffuser today. It'll be pretty basic for now, since I won't have time to add fins. Just a flat bottom raking up from the rear subframe to the bottom of the rear crashbar. It will be aluminum for now.

It should help a little with rear downforce, and reduce drag.
So it'll be good for my mileage... Got it. :)

[Rob's conversation with wife] But Honey.... it helps with mileage, and you know how much I drive back and forth to work. [/Rob's conversation with wife]

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
205 Posts
Washed the dirty little monster.

Before:
Tire Wheel Sky Grille Vehicle

After:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Still need to do the interior yet but it's mostly just wiping the dash and plastics down but since I am not a slob, it will be a quick task :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Flushed coolant system with distilled water and added ~4/5 gallon of the new Motorcraft yellow coolant.

Ford calls it “yellow” but to me it comes out if the jug neon green and looks lime green in the reservoir.

I also installed the Mountune triple pass radiator - hence what drove all of the coolant mumbo jumbo.

My temps run 189-190 cruising at 60mph. I was a knucklehead and didn’t check what they were with the OE radiator.

I honestly don’t expect any cooling benefit for normal daily driving - just when/if I ever track it.

32801 - 32820 of 32881 Posts