Ford Focus ST Forum banner
32781 - 32800 of 32881 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try autocrossing before spending more money as you may want to pick a specific class and that means choices like the intercooler can make for an uncompetitive car because you chose an intercooler that's not legal for a class where the FoST is competitive, so you land in a class that requires a TON of modifications to even begin being competitive at the local level. In my experienced opinion, G Street (only stock intercooler is legal) or Street Touring Hatchback (must retain the grill shutters, AGS, so only legal intercooler is the Vortech) are the only classes where the FoST can be considered competitive.

G Street (GS) is basically a stock vehicle. You can spend money on shocks and a single sway bar and catback exhaust and lighter weight rims (17x8 RPF1 +48 offset are the gold standard).

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) is a nicely prepped vehicle. Spend your money on an LSD, Vortech intercooler retaining AGS, up to 9" wide rims, coilovers, and up to two sway bars. There are some other mods you can do for weight loss & chassis stiffening, but they have minor effects.

Street Modified FWD (SMF), D Street Prepared (DSP), & Xtreme Street A (XA) are the other classes and they allow any intercooler, but the level of modifications required to be competitive are immense. All of them allow flared fenders, very wide tires, LSD, & tunes. SMF & DSP allow any DOT tire, which in practice means expensive Hoosier A7 ($2000 per set). SMF & XA allow gutting the interior behind the front seats and altering suspension geometry and some aero mods. XA may be tempting since it runs on 200 treadwear tires like GS & STH, but the real competitive cars are AWD horsepower monsters (Audi TTRS and Mitsubishi Evolutions).
Well that puts a damper on things. Living in arizona and being tuned at the moment, I'm pretty sure buying an intercooler is a must.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reactions: Dirtfiend602

·
Registered
2018 ST1, Monster Adapt-X e30, CVF fmic, Woosh rmm
277 Posts
That makes me pretty unhappy with the chips in my paint and deep scratch on my door..
Car definitely has its blemishes from the factory and road. Bumpers are clearly primered a different color, bumpers have a ton of dirt deep in the paint from factory, hood gas a small section of spidercracked paint from a rock, and the driver side door jamb is dented and paint missing from some asshole locksmith before I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Just finished an unplanned drive to Daytona. Stopped at a buddy's place on the way back (well, it was definitely out of the way, but only 2 hours). 40 hours in the car since Saturday 🙃 and 2,200 miles if you don't include driving around town while I was there. I haven't tallied up the gas, but I'll put that in the other thread, lol. It was rough, I'll just say that 🤑

Grabbed a pic with us parked at the beach 🏖. Needless to say, it was fun helping him pic a car 😈🤣🤣

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I think I need a plastic scrapper to get some of the bugs off before I wash it though... Not really, but it's an utter disaster up front now 💩

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Drove 6 hours yesterday to help out a buddy. Picked up some tires on the way back.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Steering part Light Speedometer Vehicle

Averaged like 31 MPG on the way back but it started dropping as soon as I got back in the city.
Still pretty good tho. Hypermiling at 70 MPH FTW
Burned about a tank and a half of gas.
I remember when I could have made that trip for 40$......

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
But this drives me nuts and I get a feeling I wouldn't like how much it would cost to fix.
[/QUOTE]
That actually looks pretty promising. The door scratch was is so deep that I was unsure how touch up would turn out.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,031 Posts
Installed a CVF downpipe this morning and didn't want to take the gusseted traction bar off, so it required a couple extra hands. This guy (kid #5) was a huge help as we worked on the DP, and he even organized the wrenches in a couple drawers as I was under the car.
Smile Table Wood Shorts Flooring

If anybody needs a 3" catted dp (which needs a little work: hairline crack welded), I've got one for sale for cheap on the for sale board.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,518 Posts
Installed a CVF downpipe this morning and didn't want to take the gusseted traction bar off, so it required a couple extra hands. This guy (kid #5) was a huge help as we worked on the DP, and he even organized the wrenches in a couple drawers as I was under the car.
View attachment 405614

If anybody needs a 3" catted dp (which needs a little work: hairline crack welded), I've got one for sale for cheap on the for sale board.
Bought time somebody organized them, you savage!

Raising your own workforce seems to be finally starting to pay off! Lol

32781 - 32800 of 32881 Posts