Ford Focus ST Forum banner
32481 - 32500 of 32537 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,196 Posts
Okay, I understand that. My plan was to go with the Whoosh DP. So would the stock mount work or should I use their mount? I've heard the Whoosh DP hangers don't exactly match up with the stock mount... did you encounter that? Also, how do you like that DP? Sound and quality wise? Thank boss
I've only installed one whoosh, and it got their downpipe mount so I can't comment for sure on fitment, although the mounts should have exactly the same hole spacing...

Assuming fitment isn't an issue, I wouldn't have a problem running the stock DP mount with a whoosh downpipe

·
Registered
616 Posts
You can adjust the MPG by editing the AFE value in that engineering menu. To get to it, you hold the OK button on the steering wheel while you turn on the car. You cycle through the test screens with up and down and can edit some parameters with left, right and OK. If you have an AFE screen, you can edit it to be more accurate. I don't recall witch lowers or raises the MPG estimate.
Resurrecting this post. Tried editing the AFE bias yesterday and could only get the 100’s digit to change. Tried every combination of left/right, up/down, and ok I could think of and couldn’t figure out how to get to the 10’s and 1’s digits. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Resurrecting this post. Tried editing the AFE bias yesterday and could only get the 100’s digit to change. Tried every combination of left/right, up/down, and ok I could think of and couldn’t figure out how to get to the 10’s and 1’s digits. What am I doing wrong?
I believe its only adjustable 100s digits at a time. I haven't messed with it in forever.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Was Tuesday but close enough. Got new wheels on, Konig Freeform in radium bronze, 18x8.5" 43mm offset. Had them shipped to my detailer's house so he could ceramic them before they went on. It feels weird having glossy wheels but I love them.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
446 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Did a full detail to my ‘14 FoST today inside and out. It’s bittersweet cause it’s probably the last time I’m going to do that. Just got word from the dealer today that my Bronco that’s I’ve waited 2yrs-ish for is gonna be here in about 3 weeks.
I was actually pretty close to grabbing a new Bronco instead of a used ST, but I honestly can't afford the kind of SUV that would suit me, LOL.

Today I turned the car around in the driveway so my work lights don't bother any neighbors. Probably going to get a few things installed (hopefully, family issues pending over my 'free-time', lol).

New cabin air filter installed. Spring is brutal with pollen stuffs 😏

Reactions: ST1Dale and MtnMan

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was actually pretty close to grabbing a new Bronco instead of a used ST, but I honestly can't afford the kind of SUV that would suit me, LOL.
Yeah I hear that. The Bronco that I’d love is way more pricey than the one I’m getting. Even though I’d probably never use half the features. I just really outgrew the Focus, and can’t not own a manual. Really limited the options.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Put in a Massive rear strut brace and drove about the backroads for several hours. It feels different.
A rear strut tower brace made a really positive difference for me. It helps to keep that weird lag the car gets before it properly squats into a corner and holds awesome traction. A rear anti-sway bar helped quite a bit on top of that, but I did the rear strut tower brace 1st and was happy with it.

Reactions: sc00by

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah I hear that. The Bronco that I’d love is way more pricey than the one I’m getting. Even though I’d probably never use half the features. I just really outgrew the Focus, and can’t not own a manual. Really limited the options.
Should have waited for the GR Corolla! hah! Sucks to say that on a Ford based forum, but that's where it's at for 2022-23!

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Administrator
14,310 Posts
Should have waited for the GR Corolla! hah! Sucks to say that on a Ford based forum, but that's where it's at for 2022-23!
Yes. Or you sports/muscle car.

Hot hatches can only scratch an itch for so long, lol

32481 - 32500 of 32537 Posts