Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Coilovers!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Coil spring Gas Suspension Shock absorber

Tire Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

So far the ride is excellent!
Couldn't figure out which way was harder/softer on the rear dampening so I just put them in the middle.
Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
@Skykri , the standard is turn clockwise to stiffen/tighten and counter-clock for looser/softer.

Excellent choice in coilovers!

Reactions: Skykri

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
836 Posts
Reactions: Skykri and gemery

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Switched Pepper's rear sway bar setting to softest to autox with Falken RT660s this weekend in Packwood, washed her, and took a pic to see where the stance currently sits since swapping springs last week to 11k/15k (F/R) from 10k/14k. Wheels are the 17x9 +45 redrilled Enkei RPF1, using 5mm spacers on the front pair.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
44 Posts
What's a downpipe mount? Pic?
I have a rattle under 2k when shifting that is annoying af. My thoughts are the PO did not do something right, or my turbo is really cranky.

this COULD be the culprit altough I’m the furthest thing from an expert… apparently these are prone to fail on the ecoboosts

@TurboGT is that downpipe bracket required for there catless one or can stock be used? I’ve seen people complain that the stock holes do not line up with the DP. Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
44 Posts
Switched Pepper's rear sway bar setting to softest to autox with Falken RT660s this weekend in Packwood, washed her, and took a pic to see where the stance currently sits since swapping springs last week to 11k/15k (F/R) from 10k/14k. Wheels are the 17x9 +40 redrilled Enkei RPF1.

View attachment 403980
That is clean 😲

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,196 Posts

this COULD be the culprit altough I’m the furthest thing from an expert… apparently these are prone to fail on the ecoboosts

@TurboGT is that downpipe bracket required for there catless one or can stock be used? I’ve seen people complain that the stock holes do not line up with the DP. Thanks
So. Most downpipes run an excessively stiff flex section. The factory one is very pliable. When you have a stiff flex you overload the stock mount.

Mine has been fine until my RMM failed. I just decided to upgrade while I was replacing it.

So, essentially your downpipe selection will determine if you need one or not. It's best to get a downpipe with a long flex or a flex that has a lot of give. Typically you'll need to buy from a UK manufacturer to get this. The only two US based suppliers that I know of with good flex sections are CVF and Whoosh.

Otherwise you should buy a downpipe from overseas from companies like Mongoose, Airtec, Mountune, VUDU, Milltek, toyosports. Etc.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
146 Posts

Not at cold start.
When you take off, there is a rattle. 1-2 shift=rattle.
if you shift early/follow eco nag you hear the same rattle.
Up shift too soon, get that 'too soon' sound=same rattle.
It is slightly noted at other times but this is the consistent experience.

I was looking at downpipe pics(got the car like this) and wonder if the fasteners are loose on the mount. The clunking is gone with new RMM/new DP mount and this is the last annoyance.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
836 Posts

If you have the stock DP it should work fine. Short flex section DP and that bracket will add more vibration to the cabin. I have the Torque Solutions DP bracket and it added a little more vibration at the beginning, it’s more tame now. I think it keep the catback from shaking too much.

Reactions: FocusST3Dad

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Switched Pepper's rear sway bar setting to softest to autox with Falken RT660s this weekend in Packwood, washed her, and took a pic to see where the stance currently sits since swapping springs last week to 11k/15k (F/R) from 10k/14k. Wheels are the 17x9 +40 redrilled Enkei RPF1.

View attachment 403980
Are you running 5mm spacers up front for clearance from the coilovers?

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Brake pads and summer wheel swap.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Are you running 5mm spacers up front for clearance from the coilovers?
With that set of rims, I'm running 5mm spacers up front to clear the Wilwood brake calipers; the rims have a particularly small barrel. The rims & 255 tires readily clear the coilovers. One of these days, I intend to see how well those rims work with the stock calipers... opportunity probably in June.

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST3
44 Posts
So. Most downpipes run an excessively stiff flex section. The factory one is very pliable. When you have a stiff flex you overload the stock mount.

Mine has been fine until my RMM failed. I just decided to upgrade while I was replacing it.

So, essentially your downpipe selection will determine if you need one or not. It's best to get a downpipe with a long flex or a flex that has a lot of give. Typically you'll need to buy from a UK manufacturer to get this. The only two US based suppliers that I know of with good flex sections are CVF and Whoosh.

Otherwise you should buy a downpipe from overseas from companies like Mongoose, Airtec, Mountune, VUDU, Milltek, toyosports. Etc.

Okay, I understand that. My plan was to go with the Whoosh DP. So would the stock mount work or should I use their mount? I've heard the Whoosh DP hangers don't exactly match up with the stock mount... did you encounter that? Also, how do you like that DP? Sound and quality wise? Thank boss

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST2
233 Posts
Speaking of big turbos… I’m right in the middle of installing mine.. 2860 is in the car, all coolant and oil lines connected. Today I’m going to route all of the vacuum lines and install hot side charge pipe & intake. Tomorrow will be new spark plugs, fuel injectors (Bosch OE replacements), and EVAP line. Then triple check everything and install exhaust. JST base tune should be here any day.

32461 - 32480 of 32537 Posts