32441 - 32460 of 32537 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
146 Posts
Started installing speakers yesterday. You know how the 'first of everything' always takes the longest? Finding the right tools, investigation, developing a plan, etc, yeah took all afternoon to do one door and suspect to do the pass side will take 1-2hrs tops :ROFLMAO:

Did find some of the door panel was loose/broken at its plastic welds and am sure this is the cause of the rattles.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Installed the Clutch Masters clutch line, bled clutch and rebled brakes, then swapped the Bathursts back on.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
616 Posts
40k oil change yesterday.

Also did oil change on my wife’s CX-5. Couple of screws and plastic fasteners and the oil drain and filter are right there behind one panel. No fussing with a dozen or so screws and the entire under tray. Really need to look into one of the ones with the access doors.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Technically this didn't happen TODAY, because I wanted to see if it would stand the test of time, but I think it's time to share.. So far, it's been a month since I polished these two spots on my headlight to clean that discoloration. Not only does it work really well, but it's holding up to time. The secret ingredient is just Turtlewax polish.. the round, green container with the applicator in the lid, that you can buy at any parts store. I'm really impressed. Now to polish the whole thing..
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Car

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Swapped out the old black and grey Rally Armors for a new set of black and blues. Old ones are in the Marketplace. Also removed the clutch line restrictor that I missed yesterday while swapping out the clutch line. Thanks to @Blackula, @TurboGT, and @UnfocusedST for pointing out my error and also their guidance.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
146 Posts
im always busy washing the thing its like a big project for me so i hired my husband to do it and save some money cos his an expert :sneaky::cool:
My wife the other day got her car washed. Night and day diff, did the interior, trunk, wheels, glass and exterior. As a husband myself, you ought to do something for that sexy lug of a husband :p

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
146 Posts
View attachment 403944

Installed starter, pressed in my 85 durometer replacement bushings into my RMM, and installed whoosh downpipe mount due to the factory one being tore. Oh and washed it.

Back on the road!
What's a downpipe mount? Pic?
I have a rattle under 2k when shifting that is annoying af. My thoughts are the PO did not do something right, or my turbo is really cranky.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,196 Posts
What's a downpipe mount? Pic?
I have a rattle under 2k when shifting that is annoying af. My thoughts are the PO did not do something right, or my turbo is really cranky.
Wood Household hardware Material property Tool Font

I didn't snap a pic of it installed, I was in a hurry.

What is this "shifting below 2k" you speak of?

Rattles are one of those things. Gotta get under the car and beat on your exhaust like it owes you money, hopefully you'll be able to hear something, unless it is a movement related issue.

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
146 Posts
View attachment 403945

I didn't snap a pic of it installed, I was in a hurry.

What is this "shifting below 2k" you speak of?

Rattles are one of those things. Gotta get under the car and beat on your exhaust like it owes you money, hopefully you'll be able to hear something, unless it is a movement related issue.
I've got that WOOSH mount in pee yellow. What are those things on the left?
It did this weird rattle on the old MBRP exhaust and still does it on the new exhaust(new woosh mount installed at same time). A new RMM and it still does it. The car has an MBRP downpipe(already ground down the mounts) on it and had a FUBAR MBRP exhaust on it (rubbed on the body around the spare tire) I'll see if I can get a video.

32441 - 32460 of 32537 Posts