31581 - 31600 of 32582 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

I love the wheels and the color, however the person I took the wheels to for powder coating didn't do a great job... at all. In conversation with them about having them entirely redone -_-. What a headache, I had been nursing a shredded tire with air for 3 weeks waiting for these wheels to be done to mount my new tires and then this! Awesome 👌

Here's some of the bad... several missed spots, corners and lug barrels mostly.
Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Wheel Automotive tire Light Automotive design Bicycle part

All 4 wheels have a brush/bare spot assumed from being sat or touched while wet?!
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design

One wheel has pitting/pin holes on the spokes face hard to capture bur definitely seen from a distance
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Hood Tire Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Hood Tread Automotive design Alloy wheel

Look close, the wheels had stickers on them from factory "RZ II" under the left lug to the right you can see the start of the "R". I can see the whole stickers outline (light angles can't photo entire outline at once)... did they seriously coat over a sticker?!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Alloy wheel Rim

• Wow
Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
855 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Here you go.
Holy f*ck, I saw your sig and for an instant I thought the worst, "no way justin would pull a stunt like that". Made sense that it was some subi guys

Either way 450 stock motor, guess you can't complain too much lol, thats 515~ crank 265hp more than stock. over a 100% power increase, 128hp per cylinder, has to let go at at some point.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
...FINALLY got back in the driver's seat... 1 month after a 17 year old changed lanes into me in thick traffic with my almost 3 year old Son in the car (refresh, easy hit and no one was shook, except the teenager who's Dad was witnessed screaming in his ear through my rear view mirror).

The only rental available was a Chrysler 300... Tried 3 times to exchange that massive floaty boat to no avail... Enterprise would waste an hour of your day without even trying, but I just got back in the only car I had and drove away after 20 minutes each attempt. Eff those over-worked and under provided- for super nice guys at Enterprise, HAHA

Feels like a turbo charged go-cart in comparison!!
Well, no comparison really. ST's are so much more fun to drive!

Happy boost weather day!

Exceptional service, and they even did a leather detail on the interior. Plus, the 12V socket works in my car 😅

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
940 Posts
Finally washed it... About 2 months of winter grime plastered onto it. I'm betting once I see it in the sun it'll still be dirty.

Also noticed the hood seems to be sitting a little high. Didn't notice it before, maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Going to look at that during the week, maybe slot the hood latch if I need to.

·
Super Moderator
11,541 Posts
Finally washed it... About 2 months of winter grime plastered onto it. I'm betting once I see it in the sun it'll still be dirty.

Also noticed the hood seems to be sitting a little high. Didn't notice it before, maybe I just wasn't paying attention. Going to look at that during the week, maybe slot the hood latch if I need to.
I washed the truck the other day while I was waiting for FedEx to show up; I was amazed how nice it looked once the caked on salt was scrubed off.

·
Administrator
14,325 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Who's the sukka that took the pics?
My buddy Sam. If you have Instagram/ Facebook you can look up "Nature's escape photography"
He's pretty good! I wanna try to get some roller pictures in the snow next time. Lol

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
This has turned into quite the fiasco -_-.

So haven't been able to get 4th wheel on due to rounded off nut on the wheel spacer. After multiple extraction methods on the nut I was defeated in the driveway when neighbors invited me up for a drink (her birthday). After drinking too much, I returned downstairs to button up the car as I had to grab the gf from work.

I had to put back one of the OE premiums back on.

Heres where my state of mind got the best of me, i had caught this on inital install of big brake kit and furthermore made sure new wheels wouldnt havs this issue. The wheel weights on the premium were going to clip the caliper. No big deal, was going to the new wheel setup soon, so I just pried all the weights off to front wheels. So 2 wheels weights are removed, 1 tire is shredded (not one of the 2 with removed weights). Essentially I picked the only wheel out of the 4 premiums in a haste (selected best tread) that would of caused this issue, that I had so carefully avoided.

Yep, wheel weights sheered my front driver caliper.

Sweet.

Spacer still stuck on riding around 3/4 and the wheels have to fo back to powdercoater at some point to be redone. Sheeesh.

Have called about 12 in areas ma an pas for welding on a nut to remove rounded off, none have welders.

Waiting on 19mm extraction socket in mail.

All local extractors were not large enough or mot the diecut innard expected. Hammer and chisel isnt going to work, nuts reccessed.

Any suggestions on what to use to touch up; like what kind of paint, I thought nail polish might work well being a laquer and color availability lol.

a
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
169 Posts
This has turned into quite the fiasco -_-.

So haven't been able to get 4th wheel on due to rounded off nut on the wheel spacer. After multiple extraction methods on the nut I was defeated in the driveway when neighbors invited me up for a drink (her birthday). After drinking too much, I returned downstairs to button up the car as I had to grab the gf from work.

I had to put back one of the OE premiums back on.

Heres where my state of mind got the best of me, i had caught this on inital install of big brake kit and furthermore made sure new wheels wouldnt havs this issue. The wheel weights on the premium were going to clip the caliper. No big deal, was going to the new wheel setup soon, so I just pried all the weights off to front wheels. So 2 wheels weights are removed, 1 tire is shredded (not one of the 2 with removed weights). Essentially I picked the only wheel out of the 4 premiums in a haste (selected best tread) that would of caused this issue, that I had so carefully avoided.

Yep, wheel weights sheered my front driver caliper.

Sweet.

Spacer still stuck on riding around 3/4 and the wheels have to fo back to powdercoater at some point to be redone. Sheeesh.

Have called about 12 in areas ma an pas for welding on a nut to remove rounded off, none have welders.

Waiting on 19mm extraction socket in mail.

All local extractors were not large enough or mot the diecut innard expected. Hammer and chisel isnt going to work, nuts reccessed.

Any suggestions on what to use to touch up; like what kind of paint, I thought nail polish might work well being a laquer and color availability lol.

a View attachment 399703
View attachment 399702
Have you tried to pound on a socket one size smaller? A 12 point 18mm might do the trick.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
Have you tried to pound on a socket one size smaller? A 12 point 18mm might do the trick.
Got the 19mm extractor today. Got them right off.
Body jewelry Finger Silver Gesture Pre-engagement ring

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Road surface

Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Highly recommend muteki hr38 lugs!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I didn't specifically do anything to the ST today (drive it) but I did do something for the ST. bought a new to me motor only 39k miles on it to start my engine build. Cant wait to pick it up and get it on the stand for tear down.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,937 Posts
Installed the new Michael/Junits elbow onto the 2867 gen 2 last night. You really need to be a small-framed contortionist with 4 arms to get that stupid ATP vband clamp installed, btw, and I am NOT... Holy cow, that was a pain. Still have yet to fire it up, but plan to later today after work. (working from home... covid, yippie)
Musical instrument Automotive tire Idiophone Rim Gas

Drum Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Idiophone

@michael_ST

·
Registered
2017 ST3-Stroked and Cornfed
32 Posts
Well the tuner suggested check valve lash, so after a 10 hour shift all I had energy for was a small tear down.
This thing is surprisingly easy to work on.
Also noticed it’s got a stock PCV valve. Pretty sure at the cars level it needs a Radium baffle.
Car Hood Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive design

31581 - 31600 of 32582 Posts