Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31561 - 31580 of 31597 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nazareth, Subaru guys. Thought it was a AWD lame A** Subaru with no power and turbo lag. Good power and torque though, hurt it made 450/450.

Weighing the options right now on strategy. Go stroker build or used engine, LSD, clutch upgrade and synchros?
Either way I might be out of the game a couple months waiting for parts and machining.
The S550 platform is promising I hear. If you get a S197 plan for transmission failure. And alcohol. And random fits of rage at innocent folk.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
544 Posts
So Sorry to hear that I would had been frustrated, too many emotions to handle.

Reactions: MailmanMike

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
shook my head at the focus, pretty sure it or me dropped something in the driveway and my other car picked up...or its just a coincidence that i recognize it

sure this looks as familiar to most of you as it does to me :)

Anyways, ive been wanting to get rid of the oem runflats for a while (they suck) so this was my excuse to order a set of winter tires (i had been using the stock all seasons for winter duty.)

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
shook my head at the focus, pretty sure it or me dropped something in the driveway and my other car picked up...or its just a coincidence that i recognize it

Anyways, ive been wanting to get rid of the oem runflats for a while (they suck) so this was my excuse to order a set of winter tires (i had been using the stock all seasons for winter duty.)
Oh geez a bellypan torx. Lol hopefully its a shorty and not one of the long ones.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Finally put the FMIC in, ran out of time before I got to the RMM but hopefully I can find time for that next week. Oh and I got so pissed off at the wonky bottom mounting bracket I forgot to take any pictures before I got everything all back together

·
Premium Member
448 Posts

After I put my intercooler in I was welcomed by that screw:mad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Finally put the FMIC in, ran out of time before I got to the RMM but hopefully I can find time for that next week. Oh and I got so pissed off at the wonky bottom mounting bracket I forgot to take any pictures before I got everything all back together
God ****ing damn it. I didn't plug the MAF sensor back in. Well, guess the bumpers coming right back off tomorrow!

• Angry
Reactions: sttwoton

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
God ****ing damn it. I didn't plug the MAF sensor back in. Well, guess the bumpers coming right back off tomorrow!
You can pull the belly pan and reach it, or maybe the passenger headlight, or the front bumper underneath plastic section.

·
Registered
142 Posts
You guys are awesome, also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I didn't plug the fog lights back in either. That's what I get for working on my car on company time...

·
Administrator
13,694 Posts
You guys are awesome, also now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I didn't plug the fog lights back in either. That's what I get for working on my car on company time...
Lmao, drivers side headlight, lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here’s a look at some of the first findings from the blow up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
He’s a poor picture of the back by the turbo. The block is split from the pan to about a inch from the head with a 3/4” wide gap. Hoping the turbo is ok. My priority today was to get the Dp down and look at the hot side wheel.
Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

·
Registered
522 Posts
Dude I work with told me he saw that vid... your famous!

Did it have anything to do with being 10 degrees out that day??
No I doubt weather was a factor.

31561 - 31580 of 31597 Posts