Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31541 - 31560 of 31638 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
They blew the motor on the first pull. He started it up no warning when into second and stabbed it. Tires bloke loose and it banged the limiter with a evil pop. Then they sprayed the tires and went straight into a pull. Hole in the block by the baffle plate.
What tuner was it? That doesn't sound like the safest place to go if that's their SOP.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,652 Posts
"Hole in the block by the baffle plate"
I saw the 2nd post about it blowing but not the one right above it... Dang, I need a nap or something. Been a long day. Where's the facepalm emoji when I need it?

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They blew the motor on the first pull. He started it up no warning when into second and stabbed it. Tires bloke loose and it banged the limiter with a evil pop. Then they sprayed the tires and went straight into a pull. Hole in the block by the baffle plate.
No ****ing way

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Where’s Deuce? 😂😂😂😂 why ain’t he making a hard sell? 😂😂👍👍

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
745 Posts
Where’s Deuce? 😂😂😂😂 why ain’t he making a hard sell? 😂😂👍👍
But really, I'm sure you're not happy, but are you upset with the service/tuner?! Like, do you feel they're more liable than they'd like to admit even though this is at your own risk game?!

·
Registered
524 Posts
But really, I'm sure you're not happy, but are you upset with the service/tuner?! Like, do you feel they're more liable than they'd like to admit even though this is at your own risk game?!
Well I wish they didn’t treat it like a AWD Subaru and stab the throttle in second, lite the tires and instantly hit the limiter at what RPMs? It popped evil when they did that. They sprayed the tires and talked and pointed at the screen of the dyno. Wonder if they knew that it was hurt then. Can’t get traction in second making 450/450. Still it’s totally on me. Just venting.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
524 Posts
Oh, and where this dyno was, lol
Nazareth, Subaru guys. Thought it was a AWD lame A** Subaru with no power and turbo lag. Good power and torque though, hurt it made 450/450.

Weighing the options right now on strategy. Go stroker build or used engine, LSD, clutch upgrade and synchros?
Either way I might be out of the game a couple months waiting for parts and machining.

• Sad
Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Nazareth, Subaru guys. Thought it was a AWD lame A** Subaru with no power and turbo lag. Good power and torque though, hurt it made 450/450.

Weighing the options right now on strategy. Go stroker build or used engine, LSD, clutch upgrade and synchros?
Either way I might be out of the game a couple months waiting for parts and machining.
Sorry to hear.

Well, I threw out my spare block.

My for sale ad for engine parts has some goodies left in it, and I do happen to drive up that way. Lol

·
Registered
524 Posts
I’d post the moment of failure but I can’t seem to load a video.

Reactions: Joe R red14st2

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
Car was running fine before the dyno??
Low comp in 2 cylinders, and misfires on all 4. He said "Zero ****s, FULL SEND!!"

Someone in the background stopped vaping for a sec to chime in with "CARPE DEZ NUTZ!"

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,852 Posts
Here you go.
It sounded like it was running smooth through the pull, just gave up the ghost at the end. 450whp is a ton for the stock engine. Just like duece, his lived at 400whp for a long time, as soon as he started turning up the wick, thats all she wrote. I still feel for you though!

31541 - 31560 of 31638 Posts