Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31521 - 31540 of 31597 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2
84 Posts
Making me think more and more a power max is in the future for me….

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
235 Posts
Making me think more and more a power max is in the future for me….
dunno if this helps but….

Dyno tuning at Freektune. 2016 ST.

This was an in between run. I couldn’t get the day off so I was in their lobby for most of the tuning as I had to work. The Cobb turboback might be a bit too loud on the highway but damn it sounds good on the dyno.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,795 Posts

This was an in between run. I couldn’t get the day off so I was in their lobby for most of the tuning as I had to work. The Cobb turboback might be a bit too loud on the highway but damn it sounds good on the dyno.
I did like the noises the powermax made. My 2860 with the RS intake makes no spooly noises.

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
235 Posts
I did like the noises the powermax made. My 2860 with the RS intake makes no spooly noises.
Same, but in all fairness it’s bouncing directly off a wall in front of it with the hood open. I cant hear it spool like that either when driving.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
739 Posts
Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dipstick warmer? How's your oil starting at 100+ in -2?!

Burrrrr
I have an attached garage, so it was starting at about 45. I took the picture after a few dropping my kids off at preschool so it had been running for a few minutes. Outside temp is -8 right now but should warm up to around -2 by midday.

• Sad
Reactions: Foenetik

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

I miss turbo noises. Blow off valves are special.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Getting ready for the dyno. Will post results and videos in a couple hours.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
700 Posts
Ran the washer fluid pump dry... naturally it lost it's prime. VERY first time I've ever had this happen in any car I've owned.

Anyways, after trying to suck fluid through the nozzle end of the hose and getting a bunch of washer fluid in my mouth I still didn't have fluid coming out. Luckily my air gun just barely made a seal with the reservoir top and a blast of compressed air convinced it to unfuck itself.

·
Registered
522 Posts
They blew the motor on the first pull. He started it up no warning when into second and stabbed it. Tires bloke loose and it banged the limiter with a evil pop. Then they sprayed the tires and went straight into a pull. Hole in the block by the baffle plate.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Made 450/450 before it let go.

• Wow
Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
739 Posts
Holy cow, I'm sorry.

I did an oil chnage and plugs. Drained catch cans. Identified true source of small oil leak that's been present since time of oil cooler install... the mating gasket on sandwich plate (oil housing side) is mashed and now dried out.

Time for a new sandwich plate 😑

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
1,626 Posts
What went boom? Clutch or motor?

ETA: Nevermind... I'm an idiot and didn't read the post above the 450/450 message...

31521 - 31540 of 31597 Posts