Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31201 - 31220 of 31241 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
Put the Punk to bed until Spring. It was probably the last warmish day for the next couple of months, so I hit the Mountune RS/ST high flow Intake that I got from @junits15 with a coat of gloss black Hammerite. It's curing now in the basement.
Gotta make sure you show us all when that’s on!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Of course! But it will probably be Late-March/Early-April

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lol, he was afraid he didnt seat the hks fully, so its tie wrapped as a safety loop. Much better than losing his knockoff HKS...
Why so much hate? Some of us just enjoy the car more with it. I haven’t had a turbo car since the mid 2000s that had a SSQV so for me it was nostalgic I guess. I miss my Supra and although the ST will never be anything like it, I still missed the noises.

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Why so much hate? Some of us just enjoy the car more with it. I haven’t had a turbo car since the mid 2000s that had a SSQV so for me it was nostalgic I guess. I miss my Supra and although the ST will never be anything like it, I still missed the noises.

Huh? Why did you quote me?

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
593 Posts
No one with a garage or barn you can ply with beer and pizza to put them on somewhere warm and dry? Or at least dry?
Not really. My dad has a decent size garage at his cabin, but that's 5 hours away and doesn't currently have power... I don't think I'll need to get it up before spring hits anyways.

Whenever I get a new place (5-10 years) it's going to have a big ass barn with a 2 poster in it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Impromptu end of season wash today. Pretty cold but had some crap on hood needed to deal with. Had to drag hose out of storage - ugh 😑
I need it to not rain for 3 days before I can wash, so Pepper just sits in the barn since, naturally, the last autox in October was rainy.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Finally was forced to put the roof rack on. I did a similar install with the old Yakima footpads on my '13 se model, but there was a cool Subaru part I used from a guy in the RS forum that did this.

The Thule clamp style almost permanently dented the roof, so I had to use the brackets to do it 'right'. Works like a champ!
Car Sky Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

3 layers of metal are far more preferable to 1!
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Edit to add Original post I got the Subaru bracket idea from: Roof rack rain gutter mount install

Brackets themselves: 91066FL000 - Roof Molding Bracket - 2017-2021 Subaru | Subaru Parts Deals

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Finally was forced to put the roof rack on. I did a similar install with the old Yakima footpads on my '13 se model, but there was a cool Subaru part I used from a guy in the RS forum that did this.

The Thule clamp style almost permanently dented the roof, so I had to use the brackets to do it 'right'. Works like a champ!
View attachment 398094
3 layers of metal are far more preferable to 1!
View attachment 398095

(Saved for link to RS forum with part #)
I'd touch up that paint before the rust sets in, then find some nice tight fitting plugs if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
@ddfred , oh yeah it's all good. Except that was the last of the touch up paint, lol. I have some rubber compound used to squish between satellite dishes and roof shingles (from an old job) that went on the top, and the foam washer things that came with the brackets (for the top) is on the underside with additional washers, nylock nuts, and some threadlocker.

I still can't find that post from the RS forum on my phone, but I can get on an actual computer soon.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
Water Blue Hood Liquid Automotive lighting

Was going to install this myself, (got it used) but after a closer look, it needed some welding. Local Meineke shop is awesome, stopped in to ask how much, they said go get it, we will install it now. I will be posting a Resonator delete pipe soon...

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
@Skykri And so, no GFB DVX for me this time! Haha...but I am sure it will sell fast.

Reactions: Coolpool and ddfred

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I spoke with a fairly-local powder coating shop about having the Bathursts done over the Winter. Fairly-local meaning an hour and a half away, since everything is 1-1/2 hours away when you live in VT. I'll have the tires removed this coming Monday, then I'll drop them off next Monday and finalize the color.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
I’ll be heading to VT this weekend to drop my boy back off to UVM! Beer run on the return!

Reactions: junits15 and EVH

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Sounds like you're going to need the snow tires on!

Reactions: Oldandintheway

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
687 Posts
Sounds like you're going to need the snow tires on!
Ha, yeah...I am hoping to gt my jack rails installed today and then swap out to the snows. Or I could take the wife Exploder, but that's no fun.

31201 - 31220 of 31241 Posts