Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31181 - 31200 of 31241 Posts

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Are all those wire ties part of the CPe installation kit?
Lol, he was afraid he didnt seat the hks fully, so its tie wrapped as a safety loop. Much better than losing his knockoff HKS...

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but.. why the zipties?

edit.. sorry ddfred and duece were ahead of me
Seating the hks can be a challenge. Getting the internal snap ring fully into the groove has fooled many a person.

Also OP's track record is spotty, so he didn't want to

...dick, around. 😉

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
173 Posts
Seating the hks can be a challenge. Getting the internal snap ring fully into the groove has fooled many a person.

Also OP's track record is spotty, so he didn't want to

...dick, around. 😉
I see what you did there. I like it. On the snap ring part that makes sense.

Also, if you search “dicks” my build thread comes up as the top result for me. I am both ashamed and honored.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Hey hey hey. Everyone over here ragging on me. Lolol
The ring is seated fully with an audible click and I tried to rotate it but it won't budge.
I made very sure of this.
The zip ties are a last ditch "just in case" if i smack another deer or another car at 70 ish i won't loose my totally legitimate, not fake 270$ HKS.

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
173 Posts
The ring is seated fully with an audible click and I tried to rotate it but it won't budge.
The zip ties are a last ditch "just in case" if i smack another deer or another car at 70 ish i won't loose my totally legitimate, not fake 270$ HKS.
I sincerely hope that if you collide with any object at 70mph that your bov flying off is the biggest issue.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I sincerely hope that if you collide with any object at 70mph that your bov flying off is the biggest issue.
Hey man. CPE said it was adding mega power. Gotta protect the priorities here.....
🙃

·
Administrator
13,261 Posts

I like the tie wrap job. That's a good move.

The bov, now that's sus.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I’m about to put on my focus RS air box + K&N air filter! I did the stage 1 tune from Cobb last night and wow! It definitely wakes it up! I bought the Freektune last night as well!
I love the RS airbox with an open-end filter but decided to switch out and run the stock closed lid with a K&N closed end filter for better turbo efficiency and to help reduce pressure drop, especially with the Ford Racing snorkel pulling in ambient air from the grill at high speeds creating a slight ram air effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the RS airbox with an open-end filter but decided to switch out and run the stock closed lid with a K&N closed end filter for better turbo efficiency and to help reduce pressure drop, especially with the Ford Racing snorkel pulling in ambient air from the grill at high speeds creating a slight ram air effect.
So I just bought a 16 st3 last weekend I’m new to the modding thing! Haha. you mentioned for better turbo efficiency, do you think I should return and just replace with k&n? Is the RS air box bad?

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
388 Posts
Seen this guy earlier today. Was manual as well.
Plant Vehicle Car Water Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
So I just bought a 16 st3 last weekend I’m new to the modding thing! Haha. you mentioned for better turbo efficiency, do you think I should return and just replace with k&n? Is the RS air box bad?
I wouldnt call it bad, it comes stock on the RS and it looks cool. If you are looking for a cool whoosh sound and like the way it looks then use it. I only changed it out because I'm trying to maximize the motors efficiency wherever possible but at the end of the day i'd say it's very minimal in the grand scheme of things. The only real drawback i noticed is in the hot summer months while stuck in traffic, food drive-thru, etc the intake temps will rise substantially due to drawing in hot engine bay air from the openings.

There are several threads on the RS air box, open lid vs closed, etc.

Blog : Stratified Automotive Controls

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Put the Punk to bed until Spring. It was probably the last warmish day for the next couple of months, so I hit the Mountune RS/ST high flow Intake that I got from @junits15 with a coat of gloss black Hammerite. It's curing now in the basement.

31181 - 31200 of 31241 Posts