Ford Focus ST Forum banner
31161 - 31180 of 31241 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Six quarts of Mobil 1 and an FL400S, drained the catch can, installed "storage" wheel and tire set, removed underhood insulation and engine cover, and left the lower shield off. Getting ready to put the Punk into hibernation until April.

·
Registered
771 Posts
So The Pirate disappointed me for the first time this morning. I did all the right things, snow tires on factory rims, maintenance kept up and she still wouldn't cut through the 50 cm (30 inches for all you Luddites) snowdrifts in my driveway this morning...I mean, Really.:rolleyes: My Cherokee could do it. All joking aside I was pretty impressed how far I actually backed into the snowbank before we shuddered to a halt considering it was just below freezing and it was that wet, heavy Eastern crap snow. All for the best I guess as the roads weren't plowed and I would have ended up bogged down somewhere between work and home. The snow blower I bought last week is paying for itself already! I took the Edge to work, studded Hakka 9s are Da Bomb!

·
Registered
110 Posts
So The Pirate disappointed me for the first time this morning. I did all the right things, snow tires on factory rims, maintenance kept up and she still wouldn't cut through the 50 cm (30 inches for all you Luddites) snowdrifts in my driveway this morning...I mean, Really.:rolleyes: My Cherokee could do it. All joking aside I was pretty impressed how far I actually backed into the snowbank before we shuddered to a halt considering it was just below freezing and it was that wet, heavy Eastern crap snow. All for the best I guess as the roads weren't plowed and I would have ended up bogged down somewhere between work and home. The snow blower I bought last week is paying for itself already! I took the Edge to work, studded Hakka 9s are Da Bomb!
studded tires are awsome when there is something to dig into (snow/ice) but hella-annoying on pavement. sounds like popcorn machine

·
Registered
771 Posts
studded tires are awsome when there is something to dig into (snow/ice) but hella-annoying on pavement. sounds like popcorn machine
The Hakkas are pretty quiet for studded tires but ya, it still sounds like you're driving on walnut shells or mouse skulls when it's perfectly dry. They'll be going on The Pirate when the Blizzaks are done, probably next year. Along with an MFactory LSD. I can't justify the jump in my car payment to a Bronco. Yet.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Sigh

View attachment 397964

Off to the body shop we go. Drivable at least. Guy in front stopped at a yield with no traffic. I swerved and avoided worst damage. We'll see what comes of it.

Is what it is, at least she's still alive, and no one hurt. His Acura MDX only suffered some scrapes and a flat tire.
The retards in Colorado do the same thing. They'll have their own lane at a turn, including it being blocked off with concrete so other can't come into it, and yet they STILL will stop on a yield.

These are the same morons that blow red lights that have been red for 1-2 seconds.

Sorry your car was damaged by an idiot stopping in front of you. Hopefully you can get it fixed and insurance doesn't ding you for it.

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
The retards in Colorado do the same thing. They'll have their own lane at a turn, including it being blocked off with concrete so other can't come into it, and yet they STILL will stop on a yield.

These are the same morons that blow red lights that have been red for 1-2 seconds.

Sorry your car was damaged by an idiot stopping in front of you. Hopefully you can get it fixed and insurance doesn't ding you for it.
Yeah, thankfully I have accident forgiveness, and because he had the same insurance company, no deductible charged. So that was a huge bullet dodged.

First accident I've ever been in that I "caused".

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,554 Posts
Yeah, thankfully I have accident forgiveness, and because he had the same insurance company, no deductible charged. So that was a huge bullet dodged.

First accident I've ever been in that I "caused".
You don't happen to have a dash cam, do you? I put one in my car just to help deal with this kind of stupidity. Here in CO it's automatically assumed you are at fault if you rear-end somebody, so consequently there is a LOT of stuff that goes on with scammers cutting in front of folks and then slamming on their brakes. Without video proof of what happened, you're out of luck.

Anyway, something to think about for the future...

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
You don't happen to have a dash cam, do you? I put one in my car just to help deal with this kind of stupidity. Here in CO it's automatically assumed you are at fault if you rear-end somebody, so consequently there is a LOT of stuff that goes on with scammers cutting in front of folks and then slamming on their brakes. Without video proof of what happened, you're out of luck.

Anyway, something to think about for the future...
No dash cam, but I think I'll invest in one when I get it back from the shop for sure.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
Sigh, cold days are upon us...winter setup is on
Today I spun 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a tiny bit of 4th with my winter tires.

I almost got beat by a damn stock mazda 6, I need to get my winter temperament on and just stop trying to race anyone until march of next year.

Admittedly it was 50F out, and they hook a lot better below 30, but still, a terrible experience all around.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,267 Posts

I almost got beat by a damn stock mazda 6, I need to get my winter temperament on and just stop trying to race anyone until march of next year.

Admittedly it was 50F out, and they hook a lot better below 30, but still, a terrible experience all around.
Oh no. It's a sign of things to come for me... i run 215 michelin x ices. And I'd have tried that mazda as well. Crap.

·
Super Moderator
2,198 Posts
Oh no. It's a sign of things to come for me... i run 215 michelin x ices. And I'd have tried that mazda as well. Crap.
Lol I've also been running 215's in the winter, its abysmal, I was recommended these options by some guys nearby, I'm not about to buy new tires but maybe once these General's are cooked I'll try one of these out.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

Yeah that's what motivated me to swap tires...the summers were just staying hard and spinning. Now I'm on the soft and spongy winters. They are just not as precised, quick turns and you just feel them roll and slide. I stick to my lower boost tune and still have to control slip via the gas pedal.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
All of the racecar noises.
Wasn't gonna spend any money until the trans got fixed but 230 for a BNIB CPE exhale kit was way too good to pass up.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Font Recipe Document Paper product Paper

According to CPE, I gotta be careful. 😆

31161 - 31180 of 31241 Posts