Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30881 - 30900 of 31051 Posts

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
I own a Gen1. Thats good enough for me

You can keep your newfangled 'lectric shocks and devil-posessed exhaust flappers.
7500 redline, dual injection, bigger valves, more aggressive cams, E85 ready, and it's lighter...

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
7500 redline, dual injection, bigger valves, more aggressive cams, E85 ready, and it's lighter...
My 2011 base weighs 3600 lb. Your (premium) weighs 3800.

I do like that gen 3 powerplant though.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
612 Posts
You all suck! Haha, got a local dealer with a Boss 302 in competition orange near me....fml, I think about it daily but...and it is a big buttttt....the focus is a way better utility vehicle. just saying...

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
612 Posts
but v8...rwd...ugh

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
You all suck! Haha, got a local dealer with a Boss 302 in competition orange near me....fml, I think about it daily but...and it is a big buttttt....the focus is a way better utility vehicle. just saying...
The ST is more fun to drive than my 5.0.

I recommend you buy it in addition to the focus. Not one or the other. :)

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
612 Posts
The ST is more fun to drive than my 5.0.

I recommend you buy it in addition to the focus. Not one or the other. :)
Oh, I agree, and I should have kept my 06 F150! Haha. Once my last one is out of college (2 down one to go) I’ll have my v8 and focus too! Haha!

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Agreed. Got a mustang as well but enjoy the ST more. And with the g25 660 the focus is faster than the gen 3 coyotes
After being an original ST owner, and modding the shiz outta it for the last 7 years, dailying it for 5 of those years,I can say without any doubts at all that my mustang is a waaaaaayyyyy better car/platform. I wouldn't have liked a Gen 2 coyote S550, but my Bullitt, is just fantastic. Leagues better. Apples/oranges for good reason

Speaking of awesome things, Tim is writing up my E85 map, so I'll be chugging corn, and putting down something in the very low 500whp.

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Getting ready for winter; a fluid film done by a somewhat local grease ball.

Anyone know this guy? 😅
Enjoy your smokeshow, ya filthy animal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I finally got confirmation that this Hardrace master cylinder brace has shipped. My "build" has been a series of waiting on stuff from Europe to be mailed to the states because they got so much more cool stuff than we do and I'm not having that. https://hardraceusa.com/products/q0...13-mk3-brake-master-cylinder-stopper-1pcs-set

You can't buy it from them directly (of course) so if you want one you have to order it from an importer on ebay and be really patient.

·
Super Moderator
10,272 Posts
I finally got confirmation that this Hardrace master cylinder brace has shipped. My "build" has been a series of waiting on stuff from Europe to be mailed to the states because they got so much more cool stuff than we do and I'm not having that. https://hardraceusa.com/products/q0...13-mk3-brake-master-cylinder-stopper-1pcs-set

You can't buy it from them directly (of course) so if you want one you have to order it from an importer on ebay and be really patient.
Could got one of these without waiting:

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is true... however.. the mounting points are different. The hardrace mounts from below, the TB mounts from above... and it looks like it mounts to some pretty flimsy sheet metal.. (Brake Master Cylinder Brace Group Buy!)

The hardrace mounts below and it looks much more sturdy to me.

30881 - 30900 of 31051 Posts