Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30861 - 30880 of 31051 Posts

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Haha, yeah this is what happens when you get old! Haha, forget **** all the time. More beer $$ is always a good thing!
Some reason I thought you already sold them.
I never posted them for sale, was holding on to them in hopes of a local member... lmfao!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I never posted them for sale, was holding on to them in hopes of a local member... lmfao!!
Yeah, I read you two discussing that and went on a search. Bubkiss... Send me a PM, I just may want to have some 'McKracked the eff out' broken-in motor mounts, haha. I'm sure they're still much stronger than the stock mounts ;)

Unless it's Locals only... I doubt I'm heading up to Ohio for the SCCA RX national championships this year, but I still have a day or two to figure it out!

Reactions: Oldandintheway

·
Administrator
13,012 Posts
Yeah, I read you two discussing that and went on a search. Bubkiss... Send me a PM, I just may want to have some 'McKracked the eff out' broken-in motor mounts, haha. I'm sure they're still much stronger than the stock mounts ;)

Unless it's Locals only... I doubt I'm heading up to Ohio for the SCCA RX national championships this year, but I still have a day or two to figure it out!

Stop living so far away. Geez.

If I pull them, I'll shoot you a PM. There's other parts I need to pull for @20focusSTdriver17 , and I need to sort out one of our Aussie brothren, so this is not even on a burner yet, it's in the pantry still.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, all good Hoss! I have family on both sides of PA and take at least 1 trip a year. This year will be 3. A great year for avoiding people you don't know, and working on your car =-D I probably don't even need them for any reason at this point. I just like to future-proof stuff if I see a killer deal :p (and then still take a trip or two to the auto parts store, ROFL).

I put the kid's car seat back in this morning and softened the suspension for... the softies, lol. Also, swapped back to COBB stage 3 93 OCT for some comparison. The throttle demand for the pedal at 10% must be at like 40%! So much more aggressive and hard to be smooth with while shifting slowly. The car is far more consistent from 2k rpm's to 6k rpms though. I need to actually spend time doing testing instead of this intermittent baloney...

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
612 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Can you tell a difference? Would you do it again?
I put one on about 6 months ago. Absolutely killed a 'little' bit of flex/slop before the rear actually plants into a turn on the suspension. The weird suspension geometry makes it feel weird (even now, after 3 of these dang cars, lol!). It always seems to have some odd delay before it's fully compressed into a turn; likely due to the divorced spring & strut arrangement.

I know you weren't asking me, but I'd certainly do it again in a heart beat. I have that same exact bar I think. Install was really straight forward, but did require removing the rear wheels and stock bolts for the additional length of new bolts. Then, attach bolts, make small cuts in the interior liner, tighten down nuts. Not hard, but did take more time than initially expected.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Last autox of the season. It's been a dry year, a very dry year for Oregon, so naturally it rained yesterday. Was struggling since this is the first rain I've had to contend with since March, well after the latest suspension changes in April... damned if leaving all the nannies turned on was the right answer!

I'm sure there's an explanation of why full nannies worked. I think it's a case where wet traction was so limited under throttle that the Quaife was inadequate, wouldn't allow for steering and the computer was better at riding the limit of forward bite than my right foot. With the slickness, there was no bog coming out of corners because one wasn't trying to immediately use full throttle which is the usual complaint of traction control.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Last autox of the season. It's been a dry year, a very dry year for Oregon, so naturally it rained yesterday. Was struggling since this is the first rain I've had to contend with since March, well after the latest suspension changes in April... damned if leaving all the nannies turned on was the right answer!

I'm sure there's an explanation of why full nannies worked. I think it's a case where wet traction was so limited under throttle that the Quaife was inadequate, wouldn't allow for steering and the computer was better at riding the limit of forward bite than my right foot. With the slickness, there was no bog coming out of corners because one wasn't trying to immediately use full throttle which is the usual complaint of traction control.
It is because not a single driver in a competition wants to 'sissy foot' the throttle, lol. Most likely the largest cause for losing time since racing began... Not knowing when to partial throttle or brake early... Doesn't feel fast, but the clock says otherwise :p

Reactions: gemery

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
118 Posts
Time for the front.... Fitment isn't too shabby (I haven't fiberglassed a box in 15 years). I wish I went over the hook by the light to keep it all straight but I couldn't get tape to stick to any of the plastic even with wiping it down with alcohol. oh well, should still look fine. If not, I can always add some glass or cut it down to that 2nd line I made.
Automotive parking light Plant Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tire Road surface Plant Bumper Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
118 Posts
Finally found my rattle... wastegate flapper bushing is toast. It's quite sloppy. I am glad I know what it is and will fix my missing boost but not too happy about the new expense. Now to decide what turbo to get...

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Finally found my rattle... wastegate flapper bushing is toast. It's quite sloppy. I am glad I know what it is and will fix my missing boost but not too happy about the new expense. Now to decide what turbo to get...
May i interest you in a low mileage Powermax?

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Do ittttt.
And @TurboGT your car needs to become the next duecette. Just with less breaky parts.
Lol

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,499 Posts
cleaned out the AEM dry-flow filter in the ST with the k&n cleaner. Didn't seem to help with the amount of air mass it can eat, though. :(

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,960 Posts
Naw, he needs a Gen3 coyote in his life...
I own a Gen1. Thats good enough for me

You can keep your newfangled 'lectric shocks and devil-posessed exhaust flappers.

30861 - 30880 of 31051 Posts