Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30641 - 30660 of 30679 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
4 days of the 'key fob battery low' warning, I took it apart and got 2.944V from the key fob battery. Replaced with a new CR2032 Energizer that has been patiently waiting in the freezer for this moment. Funny how it's is less than a week after the main battery lost a cell and had me jumping the car a few times. 2 months of bumper to bumper to go... Let's go Ford!!!!!!

2nd fob still has the little plastic tab to block contact with the original battery in it. Never used. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2016 ST1
35 Posts
Changed out my catch can drain fittings since the plastic handle on mine disappeared. I found these on Amazon, wish I found them before I ordered the replacement from JBR ( i was searching the wrong terms, I guess) because I got 2 of these for 8.00 less than the price of one that JBR is sending and they're all metal. Oh well.
Wood Rectangle Material property Automotive design Table

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST-3
60 Posts
Cleaned some fresh bird droppings off my car. It was pristine when I left home, splattered all over the place when I got back half an hour later. A good reason for carrying a spray bottle of quick detailer...

Those creatures either have amazing accuracy that would put any bomb-aimer to shame, or they're just carpet bombing the world.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Changed out my catch can drain fittings since the plastic handle on mine disappeared. I found these on Amazon, wish I found them before I ordered the replacement from JBR ( i was searching the wrong terms, I guess) because I got 2 of these for 8.00 less than the price of one that JBR is sending and they're all metal. Oh well.
You may want to check for a perfect seal on those before you get too excited. If they're not properly rated/sealed you could have more of a problem than what you started with (missing handle). I believe that the catch cans will see the full crankcase pressure and need to be perfectly sealed to run properly. Not saying that the cheaper valves you bought are not sufficient, I just don't know and figured you should make sure they're decent quality before you install. (y)

@pjmuk , both man! I've literally watched a bird turn it's head while flying over and poop right on this girl's head! I swear it aimed for her... If a flock just decided to hang out in the tree above your car, yeah you're just screwed, lol.

Reactions: Foenetik

·
Registered
2016 ST1
35 Posts
You may want to check for a perfect seal on those before you get too excited. If they're not properly rated/sealed you could have more of a problem than what you started with (missing handle). I believe that the catch cans will see the full crankcase pressure and need to be perfectly sealed to run properly. Not saying that the cheaper valves you bought are not sufficient, I just don't know and figured you should make sure they're decent quality before you install. (y)

@pjmuk , both man! I've literally watched a bird turn it's head while flying over and poop right on this girl's head! I swear it aimed for her... If a flock just decided to hang out in the tree above your car, yeah you're just screwed, lol.
Good point, thanks. I have the JBR one here as well. This one said it handles 250psi so I figured it would work. Hopefully the quality is good.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Attended a fairly local car show yesterday.
_8503968 by Curtis Lumber Photos, on Flickr
They give out these really cool wooden gear shift trophies for their "select" awards. I now have three of them hanging on my office wall for Best Domestic Tuner.
_8505167 by Curtis Lumber Photos, on Flickr

·
Registered
2014 ST2- Roush CAI, Cobb RMM, AWE Track Edt Cat Back, Unkown BOV, Monster Tuned FMIC OTW
49 Posts
I got the chance this weekend to rip the old intercooler out and install the Monster Tuned intercooler. I ended up shaving the grill and installing a plate that would cover the crash bar. Overall the install was incredibly easy. I’m glad I chose @MonsterTuned over the other intercoolers around.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Land vehicle Plant Car Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,527 Posts
@BigD0816 good call on that plate. Normally the paint gets chipped off the crash bar from bugs and rocks when you shave the grille, so this will prevent that.

Reactions: BigD0816

·
Registered
2014 ST2- Roush CAI, Cobb RMM, AWE Track Edt Cat Back, Unkown BOV, Monster Tuned FMIC OTW
49 Posts
@BigD0816 good call on that plate. Normally the paint gets chipped off the crash bar from bugs and rocks when you shave the grille, so this will prevent that.
Good to know! It was real easy to do too with some sheet metal from Lowe’s, rivet nuts, and some VHT spray paint. Drilling the holes was a real pain though. I would have never thought of it if it weren’t for @SuperBad

·
Registered
2018 ST3 Shadow Black STK for now...
20 Posts
Today I filled up with 91 octane for the first time during my ownership. She's still stock AF but I'll see what difference it makes going from 87 to 91 (if any)

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,527 Posts
Today I filled up with 91 octane for the first time during my ownership. She's still stock AF but I'll see what difference it makes going from 87 to 91 (if any)
10 horsepower according to the manual. All around better for the engine, as you arent riding the knock sensors all the time with a low OAR.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Spent an hour doing the hood wrap today.

...Oh wait, that turned into 3 hours!

Found that the puddle some dude splashed on me on a frontage road must have had some unset concrete or something similar in it... Literally couldn't get it off with my fingernail, so yeah, that took awhile in 'prep the surface' phase of install.

Overall not bad. Plenty of rookie mistakes while trying to apply a 4' X 5' sticker, lol.

The hateful splatter... 3M clear bra removed for comparison.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive side marker light

Grille Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Grille Hood Product Sleeve Automotive tire

& Done with a quick wipedown. Makes me think I should have gone with the glossy version, but way better than all the chips and dings!
Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Still gotta clean the rest of that splatter off, but it's about beer thirty, so whatever. It can wait, lol.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Just FYI, the wrap is 3M 2080 from these guys. With some crazy strong surface prep "Rapid Prep" and edge sealer it was $200 here: Carbon Fiber Black 3M™ Wrap | 1080 Series Wrap Film

Still have enough 'scrap' from the hood to maybe to the rear spoiler mid-fin and the side mirrors. Wife gave me options for what to do with my time... IT'S A TRAP! ... but I'll bite, haha. Better to just get halfway into it real quick before she can tell me to do something else :LOL:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Just FYI, the wrap is 3M 2080 from these guys. With some crazy strong surface prep "Rapid Prep" and edge sealer it was $200 here: Carbon Fiber Black 3M™ Wrap | 1080 Series Wrap Film

Still have enough 'scrap' from the hood to maybe to the rear spoiler mid-fin and the side mirrors. Wife gave me options for what to do with my time... IT'S A TRAP! ... but I'll bite, haha. Better to just get halfway into it real quick before she can tell me to do something else :LOL:
I live this time paradox. I love washing and working on my cars, but I work 2 jobs, and have 2 middle school age kids and a wife plus a house that I maintain, so there's rarely time or money for anything other than needs. I walked past a set of spark plugs for 6 months (as quick and easy as it is to swap them in on this car) because every time I thought about trying to squeeze in the time to enjoy what should be a fun and rewarding task- one of my kids needs a ride somewhere, or the washing machine isn't working, or the lawn needs cut. It truly never ends.

I made the time this past Sunday, and it was quite rare, but rewarding.

·
Registered
938 Posts
@Mzdrati I'm not even there yet bro! My Son is 2 1/2 years old. Easy mode plus 'don't hit me with that stick' mode, haha.

We try to 'take turns' with who's *ish is more important ATM, ya know. I worked 3 8 hour shifts 1 day between 3 different companies... I swore to myself I would never let it get that bad again!

Anyways, I have some spare 3M 2080 carbon fiber wrap. Got enough to do at least my rear spoiler, side view mirrors, and someone else's side-view mirrors if they pay for shipping =-D

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cleaned some fresh bird droppings off my car. It was pristine when I left home, splattered all over the place when I got back half an hour later. A good reason for carrying a spray bottle of quick detailer...

Those creatures either have amazing accuracy that would put any bomb-aimer bombardier to shame, or they're just carpet bombing the world.
FTFY ;P

30641 - 30660 of 30679 Posts