30621 - 30640 of 30679 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Meh, whatever you guys with your clean cars. Guess I'll do mine too. 😂

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Which strut brace is that? I like the idea of being able to keep the windshield cowling.
Massive, this is their massacre labeled one that I just peeled off their graphics. It installs over top the oem

The wrinkle black matches my boring black theme.

·
Registered
938 Posts
@ddfred it looks like you got the fitment really tight! Any extra movement that you're watching for rub-spots? What is your take on the sound/note?

Those big old tips fill up the exhaust trim so well... There's no way a Curt hitch would fit without any modification 😢

Well, I got to not work on labor day; if you don't count carpentry and drywall at my own home... Like the 3rd or 4th time in my life I didn't have to work on a day that taunted me for years, ROFL. Got the Wife and Jr. in the ST for a drive into the city. Saw the sights at the aquarium 1st thing in the morning (3 people in the parking lot, it was awesome!). Then got a speeding ticket on the way home. Wheeee! Too bad Mr. Hot **** decided to change the speed after he went into the cruiser and came back with a much bigger number... Funny how dash cams work, they also record audio, so that's a freebie! Only cost us 20 minutes and pissed off my Son like no other (he thought we were going to the store, ROFL), but he likes police cars and was cool after I showed him we were in front of one!

Stack of parts taunting me... No time no time! 🐇🐇🐇🐇

Did a quick interior clean and installed the new Husky liners mere minutes after then appeared on my doorstep. A couple days at the lake with a 2.5 year old playing in the sand will make you effin' HATE vacuuming the standard floor mats, Done and done.

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
@ddfred it looks like you got the fitment really tight! Any extra movement that you're watching for rub-spots? What is your take on the sound/note?
I don't think there will be any rubbing; I purposely drove on some fairly bumpy roads and slung it into some corners without issue. I like the sound, not too loud or raspy, and, no drone. Short clip from NXT:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't think there will be any rubbing; I purposely drove on some fairly bumpy roads and slung it into some corners without issue. I like the sound, not too loud or raspy, and, no drone. Short clip from NXT:
Wow that seems great for the price! I remember seeing detailed pics on another post and I definitely would have picked this up if it was available when I got my Awe Track exhaust.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Had the battery die twice since yesterday. Very good timing, as the Wife was working remotely (from home) and was able to give me rides from and back to the local dealership. Still under full warranty for the next 2 months, ROFL. It had a dead cell in it. Triple checked for any parasitic drain while the car was off and didn't find any. At least it carries the warranty with the replacement.

I also got to stare at some of the soon-to-be installed items taunting me. Time is definitely not on my side this week, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Driving and more driving.
Vehicle Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Gadget

Did a lil 3rd and 4th gear pull to celebrate!
Font Electric blue Rectangle Number Display device

Stock turbo go whoosh 23+ PSI. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
What’s peak boost psi on these oem turbos? I thought my 22.5 was high but guess not
My understanding is that peak boost is relative but the higher pressure they build, the more heat they generate. It was cool that night so I guess it just wanted to spool. Lol

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
What’s peak boost psi on these oem turbos? I thought my 22.5 was high but guess not
Shoot I thought my stage 0 hitting 18.5 was a lot. Lol. Feels great and I don’t feel like I’m killing that little k03 throwing 20 plus psi at it.

·
Registered
2016 ST1
35 Posts
Today I bought a new drain valve for my month old catch can because it went into the performance shop with a drain valve handle and came out without one. No big deal you say? Well you should see the cost of these from JBR. Mind numbing. I know I could use something else but I wanted it to match. Ill just 3D Print the next ones since this one will be out of the car.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,419 Posts
Shoot I thought my stage 0 hitting 18.5 was a lot. Lol. Feels great and I don’t feel like I’m killing that little k03 throwing 20 plus psi at it.
I've seen 24.5 psi on my JST tune, but that's with the WGA tightened up and running 100 WGDC. Of course, that's also at 5200' in elevation, so my 24.5 psi isn't the same as a sea-level 24.5 psi...

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Drove 3500 miles roundtrip to Lincoln, Nebraska, with a torn CV boot to place 16th of 22 in the SCCA Solo Nationals.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Drove 3500 miles roundtrip to Lincoln, Nebraska, with a torn CV boot to place 16th of 22 in the SCCA Solo Nationals.
Must have been a tough crowd!!

I'm hunting down a clink sound from the front... Already tightened (or tried, they're tight!) the front end-links and realigned... Guess a top hat bolt could be loose on these POS coilovers... That's an extra hour of b/s dismantling and reassembly. Trying to get it done before 'nap time' is over for my Son and his Mother, LOL.

30621 - 30640 of 30679 Posts