Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30601 - 30620 of 30679 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got my catted 1320 downpipe installed this weekend. It wasn't fun. It took forever, I kept getting snagged on dumb ****, and the car beat me up a bunch.. but I got it, and the fitment was good. I used the Vibrant J defouler with the medium insert and no CEL so far. The only step in this process that went smoothly really was the Vband came off without a problem. I had to bolt the stock DP to an engine stand to get the O2 sensors off. Now I think I need to hit up JST.
Do you need one or two defoulers for the o2 sensor is down or upstream ?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,527 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I brought home a 1st Place trophy on Sunday from, of all places, a V.A.G. show. Not to worry, they had a "domestic" class for me to enter. I have to say, VW/Audi folks are a different breed; lots of stanced-out stuff and crazy exhaust pipes, which is definitely not my scene, but there was some nice stuff, and 250+ cars despite a rainy start. I honestly went because I had nothing else going on, plus I'm a MK1 GTI nut, so I was hoping to see a few of those.

·
Registered
2016 ST1
35 Posts
I brought home a 1st Place trophy on Sunday from, of all places, a V.A.G. show. Not to worry, they had a "domestic" class for me to enter. I have to say, VW/Audi folks are a different breed; lots of stanced-out stuff and crazy exhaust pipes, which is definitely not my scene, but there was some nice stuff, and 250+ cars despite a rainy start. I honestly went because I had nothing else going on, plus I'm a MK1 GTI nut, so I was hoping to see a few of those.
Congrats!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Slave cylinder started to fail right as I hit 60k so I figured I'd get the clutch and flywheel done while it was open. New SPEC stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, LuK slave cylinder. Regular wear and hot spots on the old stuff, new tech feels strange but I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Installed turbosmart kompact bov, what a pita! There is hardly any space to get to those bolts if you are using a floor jack. I think I got all the bolts tightened enough. If I have a boost leak what should I be aware of? What signs would indicate there is a leak?

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Installed turbosmart kompact bov, what a pita! There is hardly any space to get to those bolts if you are using a floor jack. I think I got all the bolts tightened enough. If I have a boost leak what should I be aware of? What signs would indicate there is a leak?
You would hear air escaping other than when it is venting, like under boost.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
938 Posts
Slave cylinder started to fail right as I hit 60k so I figured I'd get the clutch and flywheel done while it was open. New SPEC stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel, LuK slave cylinder. Regular wear and hot spots on the old stuff, new tech feels strange but I'll get used to it.

I'd really like some feedback on how the new clutch & especially the lightweight flywheel respond to throttle inputs and rev-dropping. A lightweight flywheel seems like, not the only, but best option for improvement in that regard. The pulleys are iffy :p

Reactions: Maxxyne

·
Registered
390 Posts
Me thinks I have boost leak after installing turbosmart kompact. Peak boost is 5lbs less and car sounds off when accelerating. I’m gonna guess some of the bolts just need to be tightened.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Woke up and drove it to work. Got into boost some. Thanks, Ida for the atmospheric turbulence leading to boost weather!
Communication Device Vehicle Gadget Portable communications device Personal luxury car

·
Registered
464 Posts
Drilled and slotted rear rotors with carbon ceramic pads and H&R lowering springs.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
NXT exhaust installed; the center muffler wanted to rub against the heat sheild a bit and I had to loosen the clamps, give everything a wiggle and get the floor jack under it. Once I lifted it I was able to get about 1/2" clearance and put the impact driver to the clamps. Getting the rear section in was a butt pain; had to get the back end of the car about 3 feet in the air to get enough angle, then the hanger that lives above the suspension hung up on the heat sheild. Had to remove the rivet that holds the heat sheild in place, move the sheild and was able to get it in place. Re-attached the heat sheild with a self tapping machine screw; luckily I had one just the right size in my bolts drawers. Hopefully I was able to get the bolts tight enough on the bolt-on right rear mounting arm. There should be three bolts (in my opinion) back there to keep it from slipping but only has two.

Tried to drill a third hole, but did not have a bit sharp enough to even start a pilot hole. Before install a used a Dremel with a cutting wheel to score a diamond pattern on the flat surfaces on both the exhaust side and the bolt on side so they could get a bite on each other. I know others that have installed similar systems with this mounting alternative have had problems with this joint slipping causing the tips to sit crooked. After a 30 minute drive still nice and level.

30601 - 30620 of 30679 Posts