Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30421 - 30440 of 30691 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,054 Posts
I have some van tires to put up on the wall, and I think they're probably 65-70 lbs each (E series 235/65/16 tires/rims)... think a unit made from 2X4s would handle the weight?
The 2x4's will handle the weight; just maje sure you use good hardware (not nails).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Use wood screws of sufficient length into the studs (not drywall). Angle the bottom 2x4s so that the wheels are rolling into the wall. That way, a portion of the weight pushes into the wall, and the rest of the weight is cantilevered and pulls against the screws. Every overhang in a house construction uses some version of this thought process to have forces work against each other.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
Rotors and brakes on and good. Love the new feel. Do want to paint the calipers but just didn’t get to it yet. Also next will be getting rid of the rusted out oem suspension next and finding something else.

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
64 Posts
Yesterday I spent the afternoon detailing the trunk. Now even the spare tire shines!

I took the opportunity to wrap the Sony module and subwoofer cables with Tesa tape are the original vinyl tape were already falling.

Today I'll resume on the exhaust tip. It is a deep black inside and dark brown externally. I'm not sure if it was ever cleaned.

·
Super Moderator
10,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,054 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
Thanks I just found them when I updated the page, I was only seeing the springs. They look nice though looking at suspension currently.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
My ‘15 ST2 just hit 64,000 mi and I have never done a major service. Overall she’s looking pretty great, no corrosion or rust underneath and no major issues but I’ve never replaced the brake pads or rotors since I bought it new. It is time for a refresh so I just ordered some new stuff!!

+Garrett PowerMax Turbo
+TurboSmart IWG75
+GFB DV+ BPV
+Edge Autosports E-Tune (91 oct)…* California
+Mountune Club Sport Suspension kit
+StopTech Drilled & Slotted Full Brake Kit
+StopTech SS Brake Lines
+2 Jugs of pre-mixed Ford Coolant
+2q of Motul 600 for the flush

+Appointment to have my headlights professionally restored (clear coat is coming off) and a full paint correction.

Should be a brand new-ish car after this, can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
960 Posts
@DJFreshlySnipes , you weren't kidding about essentially a 'new car' after all of that! Kick @$$!

I assume that all comes with full interior details and claybar/polish/was too, right? hehe.

I didn't do any work yet, but I have a rear sway bar that needs to go on & need an interior detail myself. I'll edit this post once I get back. As long as being 97° in direct sunlight doesn't kill me 😅 🥵🥵

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
@DJFreshlySnipes , you weren't kidding about essentially a 'new car' after all of that! Kick @$$!

I assume that all comes with full interior details and claybar/polish/was too, right? hehe.

I didn't do any work yet, but I have a rear sway bar that needs to go on & need an interior detail myself. I'll edit this post once I get back. As long as being 97° in direct sunlight doesn't kill me
Yeah it’s hot AF here too. I need a good interior detail as well, it’s on the list lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
960 Posts
Got the rear sway bar in, lowered front coils to have a matching wheel gap with the rears, and then the family pulled in...

One of my proudest moments as a Father to date: 2 1/2 year old Son helped me put the wrenches and sockets back in the toolbox (without busting his @$$ on any of the power chords or air lines, with guidance of course).

I guess Sunday is reserved for the next session.

100° + While I did that. Lame 🤢

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
Three good jobs done this morning:
  • SYNC3 Software Build Update to 3.4.21194 (courtesy of CyanLabs)
  • Installed a new washer hose from the pump to the nozzles on the hood to fix my weak front washer pressure (the old hose had cracked and split where it bends when the hood is closed). Note that it is just possible to replace this hose by removing one headlight only and not the whole front bumper.
  • Installed rear door pulls that have been finished with CF style dip (courtesy of PaintModz.co.uk). These are a great complement to the CF door spears in front as well as the other CF components usually found on ST3s

30421 - 30440 of 30691 Posts