Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30381 - 30400 of 30691 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
112 Posts

Ouch. (And yes, I realize that's for 150 foot roll, but still...)

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Reactions: Oldandintheway

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
372 Posts
Finally swapped out the RS airbox for the stock unit and filter. Didn't really notice much difference, might be a little quieter now. Definitely looks less boy racer under the hood which is nice. Also hade to swap in new rubber insulators for the airbox, mine were completely thrashed for some reason. Only took a week for the dealer to order them 🙄

If it's stop raining for 14 whole seconds I'd really like to get the engine bay cleaned up, it's getting nasty in there.

·
Super Moderator
10,054 Posts
If it's stop raining for 14 whole seconds I'd really like to get the engine bay cleaned up, it's getting nasty in there.
Squirt on a bunch of simple green, point it into the wind and leave the hood open.

• Haha
Reactions: Joeywhat

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,546 Posts
Trying new spot for the AP. Tired of being blinded with overhead sun.

Attachments

Reactions: junits15

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
SMH, 4 hours later......
Should've bought a big turbo for all of this work.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Road surface Asphalt

Turns out my wastegate flapper shaft had a solid 1/4in of play in it. You could see light through where the shaft was. I'm honestly surprised it still held boost. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Double post*

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
After a 3rd attempt, my headlights finally look decent!
Before (after the second attempt):

After:

Not perfect, but they've not looked this good since I bought the car!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
View attachment 394218

View attachment 394218

I have one roll (12 inch width x 10 ft length x 1.5 mm thick) of silver fiberglass backed aluminum heat reflective material i could sell you if interested, it's very good stuff and It can be zip tied or taped in place with DEI or HVAC reflective tape. $175 shipped for one 12"x10' roll.

·
Registered
960 Posts
@Duece McCracken , is one of those a wideband AF pod? I 'gave away' my AEM one for a few free track days, lol.

·
Administrator
12,628 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
I have one roll (12 inch width x 10 ft length x 1.5 mm thick) of silver fiberglass backed aluminum heat reflective material i could sell you if interested, it's very good stuff and It can be zip tied or taped in place with DEI or HVAC reflective tape. $175 shipped for one 12"x10' roll.

View attachment 394296 View attachment 394297 View attachment 394298
Gold looks a lot better honestly, not a big fan of this as I was the gold wrap. But yeah all works the same still. That gold just pops out more

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Gold looks a lot better honestly, not a big fan of this as I was the gold wrap. But yeah all works the same still. That gold just pops out more
The gold looks cool but the thickness is what's also important for insulation. The stuff I have looks very similar to the Thermo Tec stuff although I'm not sure how thick thermo tech is..the DEI silver heat screen is probably the same stuff since the thickness is identical

Aluminized Heat Barrier Silver Thermo Tec

Heat Screen™ (Non-Adhesive) - 36" by linear yard

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
367 Posts
The gold looks cool but the thickness is what's also important for insulation. The stuff I have looks very similar to the Thermo Tec stuff although I'm not sure how thick thermo tech is..the DEI silver heat screen is probably the same stuff since the thickness is identical

Aluminized Heat Barrier Silver Thermo Tec

Heat Screen™ (Non-Adhesive) - 36" by linear yard
Makes sense yeah, the thicker it is the better protection and keeping it cooler. Never used any of it but I sure thought about it.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17
30381 - 30400 of 30691 Posts