Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30121 - 30140 of 30683 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Turbosmart WGA and base tune for it on the Powermax.
OooohhhHHH Baby! I hope that does what you/we were all hoping it would to that boost dip!

***I folded the seats down, and back up, and down again, and back up again today. Dropped the kid off, picked up a large mirror (which fit on the back of the driver's side headrest and touched the rear closure), back up for grabbing 2 more fish for the aquarium (super soft ride home), then down again for rear coil adjustment and some massive S-curves @ ^fun^ speed =-D Small interior detail & standard fluid check. GTG for awhile, but parts are incoming.

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
64 Posts
The oem lugs are terrible! Go with gorilla spline lug nuts. On Amazon for cheap
I replaced them by Gorilla stainless steel one. I have some concerns if a tire shop or any mechanic will damage the spline, so I prefer the regular 19mm lug nuts.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yesterday I hardwired the dashcam. Red ACC (turns on when the car is turned on) on Fuse 85 (moonroof) and Yellow VCC (always on) on Fuse 88 (not used). Works like a charm!

View attachment 392766
Nice job with the dashcam install. I've had a dashcam for many years now, but my current wiring only has the ACC connection, so it shuts off when the car is turned off. I am planning to upgrade to include the always on 12V connection to allow parking mode in the dashcam.

Can you do me a favor? Can you use a multimeter if possible to check which pin in the mini-B connector gives you the always on 5V? When the USB mini-B connector male faces you, the pins are, left to right, 1 through 5.

1 is 5V ACC, 5 is ground, 4 is unused. 2 should be data - and 3 is data +. Can you check if the 5V always on is delivered to pin 2 or pin 3? Diagram below.

The reason for my question is that my current dashcam is hardwired using only the red and black leads of a standard USB cable. I just have the white and green leads taped off. All I need to do is to activate one of them and tie it to fuse 88 as you indicate (after a 12V to 5V conversion). I just need to know if I should use the white or green wire for this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
64 Posts
Can you do me a favor? Can you use a multimeter if possible to check which pin in the mini-B connector gives you the always on 5V? When the USB mini-B connector male faces you, the pins are, left to right, 1 through 5.
I would happily, however I don't have a multimeter (I almost bought the AmazonCommercial 4000-Count Compact Digital Multimeter, IP67, True RMS, CATIV 600V but I could do the install without it and I saved $36) and my webcam uses a USB-C connector.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
112 Posts
You guys must live in not the Southwest US because it's too hot to breathe right now (115 degrees right now at 6pm) much less touch anything on a hot car. My Sensor plugs are due in tomorrow, so I'll have to get up at 6:30 am to install them...

Reactions: Skykri

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
You guys must live in not the Southwest US because it's too hot to breathe right now (115 degrees right now at 6pm) much less touch anything on a hot car. My Sensor plugs are due in tomorrow, so I'll have to get up at 6:30 am to install them...
Used to live in the Southwest (Yuma and El Paso) then I realized I did not like the heat, even if it is a dry heat...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Went full bolt on today.

( basically watched @TurboGT put my downpipe on for me, oh and a free tire rotation! 🤣)

Not too much louder than stock, can for sure hear the turbo spool up a bit more.

I went with the whoosh downpipe with their rear mount...so far im happy with both!

Sorry no pics, it all went so quick.

Thanks TGT!

This is truly a great community!

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
Lead in: I had to take today and tomorrow off or I would have lost 16 hours paid time off, because I'm old and forgetful and lost track of my total hours. Even though I have all next week scheduled off I would lose the hours because apparently that's how it works? Anyway...

I noticed some clear coat peeling a bit on the headlights of my beautiful 2013 (delivered September 20, 2012) Performance Blue ST2:

So I decided to fix them! After sanding with 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000 grit wet/dry:

After polishing with Turtle Wax polishing compund:

And finally after 2 coats of (shameless plug) Automotive Touch Up Gloss Clear:

Did not think to get images from above, but, the peeling spots are completely gone. We'll see if this last another 8 1/2 years.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
112 Posts
I'm gonna need to do the same treatment to mine. The headlights have clear coat peeling at the top of them and living in the desert isn't gonna make that any better.

Any hints or tips to make it easier?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I'm gonna need to do the same treatment to mine. The headlights have clear coat peeling at the top of them and living in the desert isn't gonna make that any better.

After you do all that work, I suggest running headlight armor or laminx to help protect them even more.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,420 Posts
Lead in: I had to take today and tomorrow off or I would have lost 16 hours paid time off, because I'm old and forgetful and lost track of my total hours. Even though I have all next week scheduled off I would lose the hours because apparently that's how it works? Anyway...

I noticed some clear coat peeling a bit on the headlights of my beautiful 2013 (delivered September 20, 2012) Performance Blue ST2:
View attachment 392892
View attachment 392893
So I decided to fix them! After sanding with 1000, 1500, 2000 and 3000 grit wet/dry:
View attachment 392894
View attachment 392895
View attachment 392896
Did not think to get images from above, but, the peeling spots are completely gone. We'll see if this last another 8 1/2 years.
I may need to do this to my car... thanks to the amount of sun we get out here one of my headlights is already peeling clearcoat from it.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
112 Posts
I definitely need to do this. And take time off. I stopped accruing PTO awhile ago.
I love my company. We have MTO, mandatory time off. We are required to take a week per quarter to recharge (and we have unlimited PTO). It's amazing how much work can get done when you take proper amounts of time off...

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts

Leave the lights on the car for the sanding and polishing; saves trying to hold the things steady while you work. I used 2" blue painters tape to mask them off and protect the paint. Take them off to apply the clear. Also, sand back and forth and up and down; don't do the around and round; leave that for the polisher. Use a D/A for polishing if you have one.

Reactions: riceboyler

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
O
I love my company. We have MTO, mandatory time off. We are required to take a week per quarter to recharge (and we have unlimited PTO). It's amazing how much work can get done when you take proper amounts of time off...
One more suggestion on the head light restoring is make sure you use automotive quality clear coat so you get the U/V protection. I would imagine the Duplicolor sold at parts stores would work just fine.

Reactions: riceboyler

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,531 Posts
@ddfred looks great! Did you buff the clear, or does it lay that flat and glossy out of the can?

·
Super Moderator
10,051 Posts
@ddfred looks great! Did you buff the clear, or does it lay that flat and glossy out of the can?
The light pictured has not been buffed; the other light I layed the clear on a bit too thick and it will need a little polishing out once the paint cures. I probably won't mess with it until after I get back from visiting family in South Carolina next week.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts

View attachment 392892
View attachment 392893
View attachment 392894
View attachment 392895
View attachment 392896
Thanks for the detailed write up. I 100% need to do this to my car. My paint is in great condition (if less beautiful than the blue ST), but my headlights are rough.

30121 - 30140 of 30683 Posts