Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30101 - 30120 of 30453 Posts

·
Administrator
12,270 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,978 Posts
@Skykri get that 6.0 stuff away from your car, it's going to hurt your reliability.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Terrible time washing the car today... the front is so chipped I almost gave up. Solid 'double wash' (cause it was hot as faack today & 1 panel at a time was a stretch before water marks...). Got out the clay bar, polish, showtime, 'back to black', & rain X. Of course the Mom showed up with my Son 3 effin' hours early so I didn't get to do the good stuff.

I honestly can't stand anything that voids my whole days schedule, LOL. That was a ****e move on her end. She's feeling the shame, I guarantee it...

Anyways, also got an alignment & a chance to relive how it feels to be a shadow in the trees while trying to avoid the prying eyes of the general public. All in all a fun and fulfilling day =-D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Terrible time washing the car today... the front is so chipped I almost gave up. Solid 'double wash' (cause it was hot as faack today & 1 panel at a time was a stretch before water marks...). Got out the clay bar, polish, showtime, 'back to black', & rain X. Of course the Mom showed up with my Son 3 effin' hours early so I didn't get to do the good stuff.
Rock chips happen with a car that gets driven...no way around it. I just ignore it on my car, its a part of daily driven life.

Try washing it out of direct sun light if you can, I either wash mine in the early morning or early evening when my driveway is in the shade. (Then I use an electric leaf blower to dry it off, (im sure my neighbors think im insane) after the leaf blower treatment i pull it in the garage and use a spray wax as a drying agent and go over the whole car with a few microfiber towels.

You are using a 2 bucket wash system with grit guards right?

Now everyone knows my true obsession. 🤣

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
grit guards? Tell me of these grit guards. Also, @Skykri , I'm no expert but you may experience Evo levels of lag with that setup.
They fit in the bottom of your 5-gallon bucket.

They allow dirt to slip through the holes but not come back up through and circulate with the water you’re putting on your car....for the most part.

·
Registered
2016 ST, 93 oct, FRPP, RS air cleaner K&N filter, Forge FMIC, Mountune Recirc valve, resonator delet
148 Posts
Installed a Forge FMIC that I scored used on eBay for a sweet deal. Easy install. It came as a kit with the silicone hoses and bigger tube for under the car, but just kept it simple and only installed the intercooler with the original hoses, etc.

First driving impressions pretty impressed and like so many others have said, I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to do this upgrade because it certainly makes a difference. Back to back pulls no problem. Pulls way harder from 5000 up. On the highway just smooth as can be with plenty of power on tap.

And the best part? Fuel mileage went up. 34+ mpg average now (sitting at 34.8 mpg average on the eco meter currently. That's driving normal obviously. The first 20 minutes test driving and WOT I went through 1/4 tank lol.

Anyway, that's what I did today ;-)

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
Yesterday I changed the oil in my ST. It had been a little more than 6,000 miles since my last change and given how little I drive, about 15 months.

A benefit of changing your own oil is that you can inspect the underside of the car. I found three things:
  1. Seepage around the passenger-side axle seal on the transmission. This was present last year, and it hasn't noticeably worsened.
  2. The tiniest little bit of seepage at the transmission case seal. Not worth caring about.
  3. A leak of the turbocharger oil supply line at the banjo on the engine. Harrumph. Very disappointing for a car with only 46,000 miles. The leak is very small so I'll probably not do anything about it soon.
The turbocharger oil return line was replaced under warranty three years ago. Too bad the supply line wasn't leaking at that time, too.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
@BuckeyeChuck Any leaks in the first 50k miles is disappointing. UGH!!

·
Registered
2016 ST, 93 oct, FRPP, RS air cleaner K&N filter, Forge FMIC, Mountune Recirc valve, resonator delet
148 Posts
Wow! Tires are toast. Cool looking car though! My nephew has Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires on his Mustang Cobra SVT and they seem super nice with tons of grip, ever tried them?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Blue ridge road rally round 3!
20210613_153748.jpg

20210613_135132.jpg

Cruising with an ecoboost edge friend and another couple of STs
We got to see the GoldRush rally pass!
That was super cool.

I blew the driver's charge pipe pulling up a mountain, that was freaky. Sounded like cylinder 4 went to the moon. Lol

Pulled the airbox out and used the hose clamp from the air filter for extra holding power and reached down there and tightened it on the side of the road.
Now I know how boring a 2.0 NA focus is. Gross.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Installed a slightly abused (by DMC) Velossa Big Mouth.
View attachment 392780
Interesting! I considered putting one in this past weekend when i had my front fascia off installing a new FMIC but wasn't thrilled about getting rain, snow, dirt and dust in my airbox and figured there's plenty of air for that port in the radiator support to suck air through as is. Also I was recalling that years ago when I had my Talon TSI, I had removed the fog lamps and setup ram air tubes direct to the airbox and the car made noticeably less power, although I never knew why.

Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Loooong overdue cleaning over the weekend. I think it’s been ~2 years since I’ve done a proper clean/protect.

Full send - Wash, clay, polish, protect. Polished and sealed glass as well.

I used a synthetic clay mitt and when I started on the roof, it made a swishing sound like old corduroy jeans.

Smooth as glass now. Trying Griots Spray Ceramic. Used it on my wife’s CX-5 (turbo ) a few weeks back and very impressed with the initial slickness and hydrophobic properties.

30101 - 30120 of 30453 Posts