Ford Focus ST Forum banner
30081 - 30100 of 30741 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
380 Posts
Which support rods did you buy?
That looks good. I am still having issues with drilling into my bumper cover.
hey thank you man, I just went on Amazon found some black rods but a good thickness these are 150mm not the most expensive but they do the job and are tight. If you have the face lift that bottom piece actually pulls out and it makes it easier to get your hands behind it. Other than drilling just measure and drill you won’t hurt anything.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
202 Posts
Saw this in a Vroom ad:
Sale Pending
2018 Ford Focus
ST | 40,551 miles

ADD TO FAVORITES
$20,999

·
Registered
707 Posts
Carried out the Whiteline mod to prevent seat movement and replaced my plugs (CYFS12-Y2) to one step colder (NGK LTR7IX-11), gapped .028. Pics below and the gaps on the plugs weren't too bad and were nice and clean. Maybe a good interior cleaning tomorrow.

·
Administrator
12,675 Posts
Carried out the Whiteline mod to prevent seat movement and replaced my plugs (CYFS12-Y2) to one step colder (NGK LTR7IX-11), gapped .028. Pics below and the gaps on the plugs weren't too bad and were nice and clean. Maybe a good interior cleaning tomorrow.
View attachment 392525
View attachment 392524
I need to do that seat mod on my Edge.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST3
382 Posts
Cleaned up the bay and painted the engine cover all black. My local dealership offered to buy it for what I owe on it, but there isn't much out there with the same features and power as the focus around the same price.

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
64 Posts
I removed the original beaten lug nuts from one wheel and replaced by Gorilla Stainless steal ones. I hadn't the same luck on the other 3 wheels, they're so beaten that my 19mm, 3/4" or any other drive didn't work... tomorrow I'll go to a tire shop and ask to hammer out the old lug nuts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I removed the original beaten lug nuts from one wheel and replaced by Gorilla Stainless steal ones. I hadn't the same luck on the other 3 wheels, they're so beaten that my 19mm, 3/4" or any other drive didn't work... tomorrow I'll go to a tire shop and ask to hammer out the old lug nuts.

View attachment 392605
At the Ford dealership I used to work at, every tech had a 19.5mm impact because of swollen lugs. Hopefully you can get them out of there, and to anyone reading that still has their OEM lugnuts on - replace them before they get swollen.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Front brakes. Didn't take any pictures because it's just front brakes. Haha
Gonna try to swap in a downpipe this afternoon. We'll see if it works out

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST3
382 Posts
Front brakes. Didn't take any pictures because it's just front brakes. Haha
Gonna try to swap in a downpipe this afternoon. We'll see if it works out
I tried to do mine, but I couldn't get it up high enough to get the old one off the car with the jack stands I have.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I tried to do mine, but I couldn't get it up high enough to get the old one off the car with the jack stands I have.
I have a mechanic buddy that has a full garage i can use for dinner and a beer. I'm cheating. Lol
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

The first time I changed my O2 sensor I had to do that with jackstands. I put them on the pinch welds behind the front wheels and had plenty of room. Just had to take it out at the correct angle.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
380 Posts
Ordered the TB performance Downpipe for the Focus, and also got the defouler with it. Can’t wait till it gets here.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Fixed the solenoid wiring and hoses for the turbo, thanks to @SSgtjrobertson @Duece McCracken for the help :)
The turbo was running off wastegate spring pressure which is I believe 1.2 bar spring(17.XX psi) max boost.
Now hitting 21 psi on the tune revision, back to taking logs and tuning. Made sure SS controller was reading correct values.

Will post a video of the dump pipe screaming, tbh I was scared the first time I heard it lol

·
Registered
2016 ST3 Race Red
64 Posts
At the Ford dealership I used to work at, every tech had a 19.5mm impact because of swollen lugs. Hopefully you can get them out of there, and to anyone reading that still has their OEM lugnuts on - replace them before they get swollen.
Look how the Ford OEM were. Tire shop had to hammer the 19mm drive into the lug nuts. If I had to change tire in the road It would be impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Big turbo time baby!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Gt3788VA

I have a Sawzall and a 200$ used welder setup, we can make it work right?

Btw anyone want to sell me another 2.0l ecoboost to assist in the spool?

30081 - 30100 of 30741 Posts